You are not paid to think!

It has been one of those weeks!

I started last Monday with a nice steady load from Uttoxeter to Clermont Ferrand. On my way to Poole, I called the office and was told to go by the tunnel instead and meet a French driver in Calais. He had lost his passport so I had to deliver his load to the UK :cry:

On Thursday after doing locals between Le Mans and Letchworth I had to meet the same driver to change over again with a groupage trailer.

My instructions were to deliver 3 drops and leave the last one till Monday as it is for Doncaster.

The French driver gave me my paperwork and a loading plan. I queried the instruction with the office as they told me I had Northampton, Stoke, Cinderford and Doncaster.

The plan was a nice little picture of a truck and trailer with rear doors and the following instructions.

1. Stoke on Trent. By the back doors
  2. Cinderford 10 Pallets to the roof
  3. Bealieu 6 pallets
  4. Doncaster 7 pallets by the headboard

The Stoke was a machine / generator which needed a good fork lift or a crane

The Northampton was actually Southampton and I had come in on the tunnel.

The phone message i had told me to tip the first 3 drops and when I said the Northampton was actually Southampton, He said ok you can deliver that later.

Against my better judgement I went to Stoke and got the generator off as the bloke was going home at 1 pm but it was desperate for the electricians. I also got the Cinderford off and was heading South to tip Bealieu.

The groupage manager called me to find out what had happened to the Northampton delivery and I told you to deliver that first.

Well, firstly its not Northampton and it is 6 pallets in the middle / front of the trailer.

Then he started screaming and shouting at me :smiley: the phone always goes dead when this happens :stuck_out_tongue: when it rang again I tried to tell him the story that my manager had told me, about the loading plan and how the trailer was loaded.

He said if you had Glasgow and London, where would you tip first? I replied that I would tip where i had been told and to stop shouting at me. Sort outn your own office politics before having a go at me :wink:

The final decision was take it to Derby and we would tranship the load on Monday onto a southern trailer.

I asked them who was going to deliver it as I was emptying my cab when I got home :stuck_out_tongue:

I have just received yet another call from the top man, asking me to deliver my load with my truck and he would tell Cyrille to call me to apologise.

I am still waiting for that call :laughing:

I have kept a copy of the trailer floor plan and a message on my satellite about Northampton

We shall see what Monday brings :sunglasses:

Wheelnut,there must of been some paper work somewhere,after all were would the french be with out paper work,I was givern 2 full days to get fron lille to beziers on the south coast and when I got 24hours before the booking was meet with how the … did you do that and 20+ phone calls asking if I had been tipped?

Depends how much you like the job. Personally for me, it would have been “here’s the keys, goodbye.” I’ve just done that and feel a great deal happier for it :wink:. Having said that, would they re-negotiate your pay packet on the up side if you went back :smiley: .

Doing some work for the City Council contractor a few years ago I stuck in the middle of one of those you do it this way, no you don’t & I don’t care if his computer isn’t working I wont help situations.
So I just got into the truck & took a break. After 5 minutes someone knocks on the cab door, what the zb do you think your doing driver, so I tell him & explain I’m an agency driver & I’m not going to be zb’ed about by some moron in their warehouse who wants to be an owner operator.
Two minutes later he’s back & the moron from the warehouse is with him with the paperwork for the equipment I had been sent to get.
Sod them if they want to employ owner operators in the office then fine, but me I’m not going to play games so sort it out & I’ll take a rest whilst you do.