Prize Pillock

I was heading home up the M1 yesterday evening through the roadworks at Luton , well passed the derestriction sign and there’s a bloke in the middle lane still doing the 45 mph rolling road block. Quick flash, no response, another longer flash, still no response, so an extended “shouty” flash with added horn. this got him standing on his brakes, window came down middle finger extended and a gesture that implied I was a masturbator!

Then he realised “Oh”, cars in lane 3 were also passing and that the speed limit had ended, so off he goes like a scolded cat, the wife shoves everything back on the bunk and we carry on.
Don’t ya just love em? :imp:

Why didn’t you just go past him in lane 1? Much easier and less stressful.

He probably could have but then he would probably have got collared by the Police, you know how these things work. It became an endorsable offence around 8 years ago that could result in you having your license revoked for undertaking or entering a solid white lined chevron. As you all know that law is applied on a daily basis :unamused: but being serious, it would be if the truck went on the inside despite being blocked by a dill doing 45 in the middle lane.

I do it all the time in that situation and I’ve done it while police vehicles have been there and never had a problem, just go past in lane 1 and stay in lane 1, don’t pull into lane 2 in front of the vehicle. You are more likely to get grief for the lights and horn thing.

Coffeeholic:
just go past in lane 1 and stay in lane 1

That is deemed as PASSING

Coffeeholic:
don’t pull into lane 2 in front of the vehicle.

That is deemed as UNDERTAKING

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

Coffeeholic:

That was my point ROG, well done for pointing out the bleeding obvious though. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:
well done for pointing out the bleeding obvious though

You would be surprised at how many drivers deem the first to also be UNDERTAKING…

If only we were allowed to have bullbars on the front so we could just punt them out the way that would teach em :smiling_imp:

but I’ll happily settle for passing them in lane one :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

Coffeeholic:

That was my point ROG, well done for pointing out the bleeding obvious though. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

But he needs to get his post count up Neil :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:
well done for pointing out the bleeding obvious though

You would be surprised at how many drivers deem the first to also be UNDERTAKING…

No, I would not be in the least bit surprised.

Grayham:
If only we were allowed to have bullbars on the front so we could just punt them out the way that would teach em :smiling_imp:

What, like this :smiley:

That happened to a bloke on my last firm. He bulldozered a car trying to beat him up his inside at the top of the hill just past the M11. He pushed it all the way to the A12!!! I could never understand bottle necks in lane 1 of a motorway