M1 between Luton and MK LOL

Drive up and down this stretch a lot, and what a laugh a minute it is going through the road works.

you get cars performing rolling road blocks in middle lane travelling at 48 mph, then when they see me flying past at 50mph :wink: they suddenly wake up and speed up :exclamation:

also in my mirrors yesterday saw an artic using lane 3 in the roadworks, trying to pass a car in middle lane. last time i check we couldnt do that■■? it was a uk truck not a foreign one.

but just generally i find it a laugh a minute the behaviour and the way some people drive going through the road works.

and that middle lane i end up straddling lane 3 when passing a truck in lane one, i like my mirrors in tact, surprsed if mirrors havent clashed before now with 2 trucks pasing side by side.

Afraid to say I’m the lorry that is sat in lane one doing 45. I’ve given up with any thought of trying to maintain progress through here so I just sit at the same speed as the other sheep and watch the world go by.

I used to use it every day, but have given it up now, and use the M40 and then go round the bottom of the M25. So i still get some entertainment, but not the cones :smiley:

uckna:
I used to use it every day, but have given it up now, and use the M40 and then go round the bottom of the M25. So i still get some entertainment, but not the cones :smiley:

Same here!

Plus the pasties at Beaconsfield are always worth a go.

Early Sunday morning,about 0530 heading north through there and it was very quiet. I am doing 55 and in my mirrors. See a car racing lane 2 which then proceeds to dive into lane one as close behind me as he could get in an attempt to hide from the camera we were approaching. Nothing else in lane 2 so I just dived into it and left him in full view of the camera. He was not a happy bunny and he came past me with horn blaring, lights flashing and arms waving. I just blew him a kiss. :stuck_out_tongue:

We had a discussion at work about trucks using lane three in the works,when lane 3 is not a 6ft6 width limit. A new traf pol officer said they could,so last week at a Truckpol meeting, I asked a roads policing Sgt and an Insp and both said NO. A LGV cannot use lane 3 in roadworks,unless directed by signage (running contraflow lane at night when lanes 1&2 are closed), directed by traffic officer (Police or HATO) or overtaking an ab-load. I know of two truckers that got tickets for using the contraflow lane to miss congestion in lanes 1&2,got stuck behind a rtc or breakdown,blocking the c/flow lane. One was also lucky not to get a ticket for obstructing an emergency vehicle as we were emptying the c/flow lane ready to send ambulance to scene,but had to park it in lane 2 instead. :unamused:

you just cannot win with the roadworks !!

M40 closed between 8 and 9 NB overnight, think it might be for 3 weeks !! (it was shut last night)

Going Clockwise to the M1 from M20 was just as quick as other way through the roadworks