Driving through restrictions

Ok. So looking through some threads on here it would appear that some of us see fit to “push on” through the restrictions which are in force throughout our motorway network.

Why is this please?

We are the alleged professional drivers. Ok, yes , there is always the clown in a Micra or the rep in his insignia that will slam the anchors on in the middle lane and petrify anyone who happens to be behind them.

So, we are the proffessional right? Then why do some of us choose to "press on " in the second lane at the first sight of brake lights?

I was on the M6 early hours of this morning traveling south to Brum through the restrictions on the M6 between 19 and 16, and to be honest I was alarmed at the number of trucks who were baying for a position in front of me at any cost! Many not even waiting for a “flash in”, before cutting in and forcing me to ease off. Then it begins again, the ■■■■■■ who is 6feet from my bumper just has to get out and get past at any cost!

Absolute retards I’m afraid. How many of you amongst us on here have been genuinely alarmed at the proximity of a truck in the second lane who is “coming through”?

Oh and before the die hards start to protest: no, it wasn’t Johnny Foreigner neither. But some major UK haulers.

Night drivers are like the undead waiting to get it to hell at any cost

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why care what they’re doing? If you don’t want to crack on, get out the way and let everyone else past.

I don’t think someone going faster than you is a ■■■■■■, and getting out past traffic that’s braking sounds like planning ahead and making progress to me.

A.

Adonis.:
Why care what they’re doing? If you don’t want to crack on, get out the way and let everyone else past.

I don’t think someone going faster than you is a ■■■■■■, and getting out past traffic that’s braking sounds like planning ahead and making progress to me.

A.

So, what you are suggesting is that it is ok to crack on through the roadworks restrictions, probably on the limiter at the same time and terrorising every other vehicle in the process?

Wow… I must be doing it all wrong.

I’ll take your advice tomorrow and I will see if I feel better and more of a proffessional for taking your advice.

Thanks drive!

Butcher:

Adonis.:

A.

So, what you are suggesting is that it is ok to crack on through the roadworks restrictions, probably on the limiter at the same time and terrorising every other vehicle in the process?

I’ll take your advice tomorrow and I will see if I feel better and more of a proffessional for taking your advice.

Thanks drive!

Read it again. If you don’t want to crack on: don’t.

No one is forcing you to, so why concern yourself with what others are doing? Let those who want to crack on do so and sit at whatever dawdling speed you want to.

A.

Adonis.:

Butcher:

Adonis.:

A.

Thanks drive!

No one is forcing you to, so why concern yourself with what others are doing? Let those who want to crack on do so and sit at whatever dawdling speed you want to.

A.

Another proffessional driver. Good point. Crack on at all costs.
Oh… And I’ve read it again.
So are you the one who sits 6feet from my arse end then?
I applaud you. …

M6 J19-16 is a nightmare use it getting back to work on days,BUT its getting to the stage being nice ain’t working.
It’s the same everywhere everyone has places to get hours WTD etc and tbh times of being nice and playing the rules are long gone its got where you need to be when you need to be is the norm,ain’t nice but has to be done,too many roadworks idiots on the road and stupid times to be places.
Get fast or get left behind.

Butcher:
I applaud you. …

No, I’d have blootered past you.

Dawdling fanny. :unamused:

A.

Must admit I’ve hit the horn a few times as I thought my mirror was comming off , if they want to come past that’s fine by me but just give me a bit of room

I was amused for a while by a self appointed roads policeman in an artic on the M5 north this afternoon coming up past Worcester; I caught him up but couldn’t get out to overtake him due to a constant stream of cars and heavies in lane two. No problem as I wasn’t particularly in a dash, but a glance at the speedo showed me that we were doing a shade over 40mph, but this wasn’t enough for our erstwhile hobby bobby who then proceeded to wave his arm out of the window at passing artics and gesticulate for them to slow down!

It’s just a pity that my plan of overtaking him, rolling down my passenger window and launching a can of Fanta at him was foiled by him turning off for Droitwich.

dozy:
Must admit I’ve hit the horn a few times as I thought my mirror was comming off , if they want to come past that’s fine by me but just give me a bit of room

Well thank you dozy. You have understood my point perfectly.

Adonis.:

Butcher:
I applaud you. …

A.

“A dawdling fanny”?

Ok, why don’t you read my thread again?
My argument is that some drivers see fit to drive on the limiter through the roadworks where it is restricted to 50mph.

It is a limit not a target.
What do you speed merchants do then when you get stuck behind the Micra doing 44mph in the middle lane?

Oh yes… Of course…You ride 6ft off their bumper… Terrorising them don’t you.

Did you read that ok? Prick!!!

Adonis.:

Butcher:
I applaud you. …

A.

If you want to potter thro fair enough but if trucks want or need to go faster fair enough,let em crack on some drivers can and some can’t,those who can’t winge those who can just get on with it and don’t make a fuss.
As for riding 6ft off someone’s bumper? Really? There are 2 lanes thro 19-16 so its fair game end of,too slow in front at 44? Simple solution lane 2 past then back in no drama no posts on here just another day.
I remember the days when drivers just got on with it,no posts no “feel sorry for me someone was faster blah blah blah”

Yes, I’m familiar with these type of drivers… the overhead matrix speed signs are showing 40 and I’ve seen them from a distance and slowed gradually
to around the 40 mark… Mr Impatient artic driver, pulls out… whoosh straight into lane 2 to maintain 56, then gets the raging hump when the signs
change back to national speed and I accelerate back up to 70 ( I was in a van! ) and leave him floundering around in the middle lane flashing his lights
and holding up innocent drivers that were chugging along quite nicely until this prick barged his way out in front of them all!!

Some drivers need to exercise some patience and restraint and back off the hammer… decent drivers don’t just pull out to overtake at the first whiff of brake lights ahead!!

Lennoxtown:
( I was in a van! )

Nice van

commonrail:

Lennoxtown:
( I was in a van! )

Nice van

Did it have ladders on the roof and the driver texting which seems normal these days lol :question: :grimacing:

Daytrunker:

commonrail:

Lennoxtown:
( I was in a van! )

Nice van

Did it have ladders on the roof and the driver texting which seems normal these days lol :question: :grimacing:

Lol :smiley: Nope! No ladders and NO texting… and I’m an artic driver too, 26 years under my belt…not some young dopey wet
behind the ears white van man, or one of these fat old builder / (insert tradesman ) types who like to dawdle along in the middle
lane oblivious to everyone! :unamused:

Lennoxtown:

Daytrunker:

commonrail:

Lennoxtown:
( I was in a van! )

Nice van

Lol :smiley: Nope! No ladders and NO texting… and I’m an artic driver too, 26 years under my belt…not some young dopey wet
behind the ears white van man, or one of these fat old builder / (insert tradesman ) types who like to dawdle along in the middle
lane oblivious to everyone! :unamused:

Well that case kind sir a day out in a van is allowed lol :grimacing:,surprising what you see when your a bit lower than an artic you don’t realise how big an artic is till your next to it in a car aswell.

Daytrunker:
Well that case kind sir a day out in a van is allowed lol :grimacing:,surprising what you see when your a bit lower than an artic you don’t realise how big an artic is till your next to it in a car aswell.

Well, I’ve been off the artics for about 6 years now and only done my CPC recently… I’m considering going back to it but I’ve not yet found
any decent jobs down here in Sunny West Sussex!! :smiley:

Adonis.:

A.

^
This
The dawdlers dont bother me (not that theres many over here) only if they sit side by side then its 150decibel train horn time, has the effect of out the ■■■■■■ way you pair of dawdling fannies… :grimacing: