prep test

Hi. got test coming up what is it the examiners are looking for in a candidate,do they allow a little for nerves.is it down to basically keeping calm ,reading a situation before it happens and acting on it

Hi Smiggy

I’m sure your instructor will have told you what the examiner is looking for.

Nerves are a part of the test, there is no need to make allowances for them as every candidate has them. Just don’t let your nerves make you do anything silly.

The examiner will want to see you drive the vehicle in a safe, professional manner making progress where it is safe to do so and holding back where it is necessary.

Good forward planning coupled with all-round observation and interacting safely with other road users is vital.

Try to remember the examiner is not your enemy he is just doing a job, try to think of him/her as a sat nav. You will receive directions and it’s up to you how you proceed, you are no-longer under instruction.

Oh and good luck!

obi-wan:
Hi Smiggy

I’m sure your instructor will have told you what the examiner is looking for.

Nerves are a part of the test, there is no need to make allowances for them as every candidate has them. Just don’t let your nerves make you do anything silly.

The examiner will want to see you drive the vehicle in a safe, professional manner making progress where it is safe to do so and holding back where it is necessary.

Good forward planning coupled with all-round observation and interacting safely with other road users is vital.

Try to remember the examiner is not your enemy he is just doing a job, try to think of him/her as a sat nav. You will receive directions and it’s up to you how you proceed, you are no-longer under instruction.

Oh and good luck!

Can’t add much to that excellent reply apart from - Demonstrate what you have been taught to the other person in the passenger seat.

A good way of thinking about it is to pretend that the examiner is a learner driver and you are demonstrating correct procedure for him to study.
Treat each move as a demonstratiion and show the examiner how it should be done.
Demonstrate correct approaches step by step etc.
You dont want to show the examiner any driver errors. Just act out a complete demonstration drive, and forget you are the one on test.

Mothertrucker:
A good way of thinking about it is to pretend that the examiner is a learner driver and you are demonstrating correct procedure for him to study.
Treat each move as a demonstratiion and show the examiner how it should be done.
Demonstrate correct approaches step by step etc.
You dont want to show the examiner any driver errors. Just act out a complete demonstration drive, and forget you are the one on test.

Thanks Mothertrucker you said it much more elque x :blush: eliquen x :blush: eliquante x :blush: BETTER :smiley: than me.

ROG:
Thanks Mothertrucker you said it much more elque x :blush: eliquen x :blush: eliquante x :blush: BETTER :smiley: than me.

ROG
Mothertrucker said it …e l o q u e n t l y, as did obi-wan. :wink:
I couldn’t have said it any better either. :smiley: