Any instructors with top tips to deal with nerves b4 test

My class C test on Tuesday and i dont want to fruck it up and fail.
I dont understand why i am starting to become a bag of nerves.
is there any trick to dealing with this problem. or is it a know fact that its the Examiner puts the wind up people. with their pen to paper scratching.
Before any driving i have a tin of Red ball, its not wings i need its balls.
It has kept me sharp, but wears off sadly. with a down.side to want a pee very soon after knocking it back. i must be a FREAK or worse NORMAL. :unamused:

HERE.

And HERE.

And ANOTHER ONE.

And best of luck.

thank you kindly :slight_smile:

I was getting ready to go to the test centre in time for a cuppa and a chat with the instructor, when he phoned and told me that the examiner was running early and waiting. This started me flapping and put me on edge, the drive was going OK, the clipboard stayed put until about 20 mins in, when i pulled up a bit sharp for a pelican crossing. I should have spotted the person waiting and been expecting the lights to change, instead i reacted when the lights started to change. I stopped abruptly, sharp but safe and got my first minor, the clipboard got picked up and then stayed with examiner. Now i am thinking, have i cocked up but carried on driving my best. 9 minors later I got a first time pass, i was pleased with the pass, but disappointed with the drive. Whatever happens keep driving as well as you can. It aint over until he tells you.

Just chill out! What is the worst that can happen?

Of course the answer is that you fail. If that happens, (as it did to me) just pick yourself up and do it again.

Just remember what your instructor has taught you and you will be fine.

Good luck by the way.

Just send the examiner an email like you sent me & you are sure to pass…[zb][zb] .) :laughing:

Edited for personal attack and censor dodging. Keep your personal grievances OFF the forums, Harry. L.

if you get nerves get it booked for 1st thing in morn as by mid afternoon youll be well gone like me, they switched me too the morn on my 2nd rigid and 1st artic and i was fine and passed both o.k, but my ist rigid in the afternoon my instructor was going to pull me out i was that nervous and i wish he had.

If you drink a couple of bottles of wiskey just before your test i can garauntee that you wont fail …for ‘nerves’ anyway :laughing:

Seriously though, examiners are mostly decent folk, just doing a job like anyone else. They’re trained to expect people to be nervous and be considerate towards the fact. If you went in all cocky and cavalier, they’re more likely to ‘knock you down a peg’

Just ignore them writting on the clipboard and drive the truck, if you find yourself trying to read the notes or see what the examiner is writting then it will only make you more nervous.

When I did my artic test my examiner was great, I did it at nottingham. He said before the test, not to worry if you don’t see me writing anything down, I did the whole test and he never even looked at his clipboard, I thought I must have failed, However at the end of the test he filled in the paperwork, I got 4 minor marks and so passed, He said to me he could remember up to 10 faults before he had to start writing anything down, and he did this because he didn’t think it was fair to be writing whilst doing the test as it puts people off, Why can’t they all be like this,

Bloody nerves, they’re a pain aint they?

They’ve dogged me since I first started taking tests, right back to my car test.

I’ve taken chill pills, beta-blockers the whole sher-bang. But once I got round to taking my 2nd class 1 test I was so worn out by my nerves I couldn’t give a monkeys if I passed or not, I resigned myself to the fact that I’ll just have to keep taking it 'till I passed. My line of thought was ‘I’ll just drive the very best that I can’.
As it happens-I passed!
I flew across that cab and planted a smacker of a kiss on the examiners cheek! (I’m female so I guess I can do that).
The night before my test I used a certain relaxation method that I’m sure made all the difference too. I don’t usually go in for that kind of stuff but I had nothing to lose so I gave it go and like I said I’m sure it made all the difference.
Anyhoo best of luck for the test!!

Rescue Remedy from the Health Shops is brilliant.
Don’t know how it works - I just know that it does.
I tell all my nervous trainees to use it and they say it works for them.
It gets me on airoplanes and that is not an easy task!!

Mothertrucker:
It gets me on airoplanes and that is not an easy task!!

Nor would it be for me as, personally, I prefer to travel inside of them. :wink:

The night before my test I used a certain relaxation method that I’m sure made all the difference too.

So what was this relaxation method??

I have been failing because of EXTREME nerves. My instructer advised me to go to the doctors and he gave me some Beta-blockers. They are brilliant!, cured all nerves completely. Unfortunately on the next test i still failed due to doing the stupidest thing ever. On gear box excersise i selected reverse instead of 1st and moved away. Only moved a few inches but understandably it was an autamatic fail. I can highly recomend the tablets though. Sure i’ll pass next time (well hope so anyway cos it’s bleeding expensive)