Any help!

Right guys, got my test on thursday,already sick of the worry but a few tips wouldnt go a miss. Ive not drove since last friday and my instructor said he might be able to sort me out with a little refressher lesson later this week although im not holding out for it. Im not giving up whatever but any tips would be greatly appreciated. Im going for class 2 by the way!

Worrying about it’s only natural :wink:. I guess you’ve been putting in a good enough drive for the test to be put in for it, you can take a fortninght’s holiday, not drive and be straight back into it - you’ll have a lesson before the test, right? You’ll be fine. Good luck with the test :wink:.

Good luck chenn_uk.
Get a good nights sleep and try not to worry too much (I know it’s easier said than done…) Just go out there and get that licence.

i failed last time sorry, forgot to say, its my second time around

With any Test, Exam, Assessment or the like, worry is natural and in most cases can be turned to your advantage, it means you are not ‘■■■■ sure’ of yourself so you are unlikely to become complacent.

Run through in your mind what you’ve been taught, put yourself in different scenario’s when driving your car and think ‘what have I been taught to do in the Truck here’.

Just do the best you can on the day and hope its good enough for the examiner. When you get the licence, you can relax a little and enjoy the drive but that’s when the real learning starts.

Probably not much help but I wish the very best Chenn, good luck for Thursday.

:slight_smile: Chenn,
A product that has been of help to some people and has been mentioned on here before :

KALMS…from your pharmacy counter.

Good Luck, :wink: :wink:

And Bananas. Brain food.

Try thinking about it this way.

If you were going into a written examination, you would not expect to get 100%. You would be looking to achieve a pass mark. Furthermore, you would not know the questions in advance.

With a Driving Test, you know the questions in advance. You will have practised them enough times. Sure, you will make mistakes but, what you are seeking to achieve is a pass mark. Put mistakes behind you and concentrate on what’s ahead rather than what the Examiner is marking on his sheet. When he does make notes, it will be in relation to something a couple of miles back that you’ve already forgotten.

Relax and enjoy. And if you do come across a situation where the actions of another driver, causes you to hold back because you are unsure as to what they will do. Don’t be afraid to give a little bit of commentary along the lines of, “I’m staying back from this vehicle because…they’re on the phone/they seem to be looking for a parking space/flat cap, glasses, and a pipe, the blokes a ■■■■■■.” :laughing:

Best of luck

best advise…well there isn’t any really,just stay calm and focus on wot you have to do and when you got to do it.always think safety 1st.and remember both mirrors( all the time) you know that you can do it so get out there and get that pass certificate and we want to see it up here.good luck m8. :wink:

remember width and length,at lights ,roundabouts,left turnings etc :wink:

Good luck with the test on thursday chenn_uk :smiley: . As the
rest have said the best advice we can give is try and
not let the nerves get to you and concentrate on what
you was taught and most of all enjoy the drive.

All the best :smiley:

you already know how to do what you need to do mate
and the bloke sat at the side of you DOES want you to pass you can chat to the examiner ,doing so helped me calm me nerves (and i was a wreck )but most of all
DRIVE SAFE ,the rest will follow
best of luck chenn ,driving wagons is deffinately worth the hassle :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

agree 100% with giving a running commentary of why slowing down and all that.

find it really settles the nerves and sort of takes your mind of the panic that is threatening to engulf you!!!. you might feel a bit of a clown talking to someone who appears to ignore you but i found it really helpful.

good luck

what more can be siad besides good luck