Nervous about test

Has anyone got any good methods for keeping calm during a test, class 1 coming up and i suffer from nerves, i can drive, reverse and do everthing fine just i suffer from nerves when tested always have ! Help please !

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Best thing to do is take deep breaths nice and slow and keep your composure.
Slow things down its not a race and you’re in no rush.

Try to keep a clear head as well only thinking about what your doing and plan ahead when driving.

The nerves are gonna be there regardless tbh.

If you see examiner marking something down don’t think it’s because you’ve just done something wrong because it’s usually from something that happened awhile back on test.

My examiner kept marking the sheet and that nearly played on my head. Turned out he was doodling on it. Marking off the stop starts lol.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Take no caffiene at all a day before .and on the day of the test .
Inhale deep breaths through the nose exhale through the mouth at least 4-5 times when you feel nervous,And just before your test time ,Make yourself aware of this breathing technique ,use it all the time …
Instead of sitting there talking your self into a nervous wreck ,Use this affirmation ,

I will have the calmest and the best day today ,And i will pass this driving test ,Thank you ,I am very grateful for everything i recieve .

Be possitive all week tell yourself you will pass the test and be grateful of strong nerves .

You actually can change your ways through possitive thoughts .

Say i am nervous ,I am worried ,And you might aswell tell your self you failed already .

Think possitive ,Eat possitive .be possitive .

Some great advice above. I would just add that, as you know you can do it all, you sit a lot more comfortably than those who know it will depend how it falls on the day. Have confidence in your ability. You’ve already passed CAT C. This road drive is shorter. So get the exercises out of the way and, with a bit of luck and a following wind, the rest should be in the bag.

It’s a certain fact that putting pressure on yourself is the most destructive factor on the approach to a test. Easy for me to say, but try and relax and actually enjoy it.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

KALMS herbal tablets can often work well

Mindset is a big factor - if you look forward to the test so that you can show another what you have learned as well as saying to yourself - if I am good enough great but if not then I need to learn more - then you will go into a test with a happy feeling and an intention to enjoy it

ENJOY IT - put a smile on your face

Calm happy drivers make less errors

I am always very much in your boat when it comes to driving tests, I know I have all the skill and ability to pass but usually let the nerves get the better of me (did back in the days of my car anyway) I passed cat C & C+E both 1st time and would like to share what I done and see if its of any help to you. when I got to the test centre I gave myself a right telling that I could do this and had proven so on many occasions before test and if I wasn’t to do it to that standard then to **ck off home. at the start of each section (Reverse, Couple+Uncouple & Road Drive) I took deep breaths exhaling for longer then inhaling and throughout road drive as required also had light convocation with the examiner (who is nowhere near as horrible as test candidates seem to think they are!) I felt that then allowed me to be cool calm and collected and focus enough and prove to mr examiner I was professional and competent enough to be let loose on my own with one of those beasts. he even gave some very positive comments at the end. hth and good luck, youll be fine.

I was nervous for my test as others have said take deep breathes don’t think about it to much if you can. You might get a chatty examiner like me which helps a lot with nerves.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Be advised that in general LGV examiners are very different from car examiners because LGV ones know they have a ‘driver’ not a basic learner

They expect a higher level of general driving but will also engage with the candidate … when appropriate (such as on a dual)

i had a long chat with my examiner about land rovers. turns out he was a enthusiast as am i. i wont say that it made him like me more so he wanted to pass me, butttt… i passed :slight_smile: :laughing:

When I done my test on both C & CE part way through thought had made mistake & failed I relaxed better as no pressure but continued & guess what I passed this is how I don’t it it works for me

just relax if you need a few moments in the fresh air by yourself before test then do.
Go to the toilet splash some water on your face & chill.

When your on your test. Just pretend it’s a sat nav talking telling you left & right etc.
It might help to repeat what they say.

Just try to keep a clear mind & think about what your doing.

Good luck but do relax sucking a mint helps. The mint settles stomach, gives you a bit of sugar fir energy & makes your breath smell, well, minty! :smiley:
Let us know how it goes

If you smoke get some nicorette gum, worked a treat for me munching on that all the way through the process

It took me three times to pass my class one test due to nerves, failed by driving over a give way road marking , which had the paint erased or worn out, my fault , i know .
As said Kalms will take the edge off things, natural remedy with dried lettuce .
Avoid TV the night before, this stimulates the brain, switch off phones, and any other distractions, if have a door bell, remove the battery , to not get disturbed by the Jehovias Witness door knockers .
A hot bath with Radox or bath salts to chill out in, and as said , no caffeine or booze the night before .
Chewing gum on the test is a good idea .
Try and cut the ice with the examiner before setting off, but do not be surprised if he or she seems not to engage a conversation with you .
On the day of the test, do not worry if you can not remember what you have learnt , the brain is like a computer, and will file away information in to storage until it is needed .
On my tests, i pretended i was a coach full of passengers or a livestock truck with animals, to make me brake steady to not damage the livestock, it helped to distract me a bit .