Pray on the 19th for Jenson

I think the big differance between European and US racing drivers is the background in Karting. The only US drivers I’ve seen do well in the UK racing Formula Ford and Formula Renault in the UK have had a good background in Karting.
One is a Driver called Pat Long who became the first American to be granted Porsche factory driver status when he joined the Junior team in 2003, He also won his class at this years Le Mans 24 hours and is as down to earth as you could find.
The other is Charlie Kimball who seems to be a very quick Formula Ford driver however they are all chasing yet another fast Finn called Valle Makela, who is a really exciting and agressive driver, and has the standard Finish interview techique. He also isn’t to bad at handling an artic and he’s only 18 as well. :smiley:

I think the Karting does give them the edge, its all very well being able to afford a drive and raising sponsorship, but the fast consistent ones have all done time in karts and then f3 or formula something.

Even Pats Favourite :stuck_out_tongue: Michael Schumacher was a kart driver, and not always the quickest.

Ralph is out for 3 months with a fractured spine :frowning:

The other kart racer to watch is Valentino Rossi. He swapped to bikes because karts were expensive to compete in. Wait till he gets the Ferrari drive. The Italians would love it :stuck_out_tongue:

The bad news and the worst news.

The bad news ;- Ralph is out for 3 months.
The worst news ;- it wasn’t his brother :laughing:

The other kart racer to watch is Valentino Rossi. He swapped to bikes because karts were expensive to compete in. Wait till he gets the Ferrari drive.

According to lasts months Superbike Rossi has been out in the Ferrari and was only 3 seconds of the pace on his first time out :open_mouth: :open_mouth: I’ll have to dig it out of the cab to get more details.

Pat Hasler:
They’re LEFT HAND actually :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Thats what I tell all these NASCAR fans here, anyone can drive in a circle. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No, Patrick, NOT anyone… I’ve seen some of those idiots over there trying to manuever a roundabout… (ridden with a few of them too… no names mentions… haha :wink: )

Yes but Kate, we have proper roundabouts here :stuck_out_tongue:

Well maybe not :exclamation:

With loads of respect to you two :laughing:

LOL!!! Where is that roundabout then Wheelnut? That picture completely justified my reasons for not wanting to drive in the UK… makes me love our simple red light system all the more. hahaha :wink:

That is one in Swindon Kate, There are at least 3 that i know of.

Swindon, Hemel Hempstead and Colchester. The trick is that you treat each mini roundabout as normal, ie, yield to the right, but you can go either way around the main roundabout :confused:

This is a little piccy of another one!

They are known as Magic Roundabouts.

Here is a link to the Ferrari Site about Rossi

http://www.ferrariownersclub.co.uk/happenings/2004/april/rossi_test/text.asp

From what I understand, most car accidents in the UK occur at a roundabout. If thats true, those pictures would certainly explain why. If I ever get up the nerve to drive over there again I’ll remember to avoid Swindon… but I think its safer to just let Pat do the driving…lol.

rigged again

That’s more like it McLaren! :smiley:

Nope,definately rigged!! :blush: :angry: :unamused:

Dan.

Welcome back Kimi and very bad luck to Jenson, I’ll bet his heart is aching :cry: :cry: :cry:

Have I lost the plot on qualifiying, I understood you went out to set a quick time to get your position on the grid. If qualifiying was a 2 part thing you went to set the fastest time in each session. If I am correct PLEASE TELL ME what was going on at Silverstone on Saturday :imp: :imp: it seemed only one driver set a quick time that was our Jenson yet the so called 6 times WC spun to get a slower time. It was a GO SLOW qualifying. I think I’m going to start supporting a serious sport or 2 something like PIG racing or DUCK racing at least they aint got a Schoemaker!!!.
Bad luck Jenson & Kimi.

If Ferrari were excluded from this years championship,then Jenson Button would be 2004 World Champion,provided he finishes where he is in the tables.
It is a sad state of affairs when the same car is coming in first race after race,and with the money that other so called “top teams” have,they cannot build a car to match the Ferrari’s pace.

But this has been a fantastic year for Jenson,no matter what happens from now on. He has scored more point this season than Villeneuve did in his entire BAR career,and Jenson gave him a run for his money last year too.

Dan.

And if the other 9 teams were excluded Minardi would win. If the Mclaren had been this good from the start of the season Kimi might be in a challenging position and may have taken a few wins, The traffic from the first pit stop didn’t help Kimi today he lost to much time and this allowed MS to get ahead on the pit stop, but another day it might work in Mclarens favour.
As for the mucking about in qualifying, this was because the teams have their own weather stations and they forecast rain for later on Saturday so all the teams wanted to get out early so set bad times.
The problem is that F1 isn’t just a load of blokes going out to see who can drive faster, its more like a battle with loads of technology and a general on the pit wall making the decisions and trying to out think the other teams.
If you want pure racing you need to see sprint races without pit stops and the big teams with all the technology that makes an F1 team. A good Formula Ford race will be far more entertaining to the spectators if they would bother to go and watch.

During qualifying ‘Hitlers apprentice’ spun off and called it a tactical move :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As David Coulthard said recently “It is not up to F1 to find a way to slow Ferrari down because they have got everything right, it is up to all the other teams to progress to a stage that they can beat Ferrari”
As much as I hate Ferrari for having such anarrogant, big headed attitude and for cheating almost every meeting, DC is right. :sunglasses:

It looked like Trabant built Trullis car, it just exploded. what a lucky bloke.

The super pole qualifying is utter testicles, A lap with no traffic and nothing to slow you up cant be right.

Well done Jenson anyway, and Kimi

I followed why they mucked about in qualifying BUT its should never be allowed if I was paying £100 plus for a ticket I would want to see qualifying not a go slow, I believe the FIA are not going to fine any teams for the go slow COULD that be because a certain RED team was one of them. Could this be our only hope {if it works} homepage.ntlworld.com/gaynor.rho … /tvms1.htm