f1

what does everyone think about the f1 grand prix race today in the us .do you think there were right not to race because it was not safe or not

They were right not to race. The safety of the drivers, marshals and the spectators comes first. The FIA should have acted earlier and sorted something out either a chicane to slow everyone down or allowed tyre changes. Re-jigging the starting grid wouldn’t have worked in my opinion. Six cars was a joke though, i’d be looking for my money back if I’d had to pay to watch.Ferrari should have voted for the chicane like everyone else and just got on with the racing.

Ferrari will only do what is in their own interest.they were quoted as saying
" not our problem "
it is the same with testing , all the other teams wanted to limit testing to keep costs down and keep all the cars as competative with each other as possible.unlike the last couple of years when every race a Ferrari would win.
this did not make for good viewing figures on the tv.

also , tonights farce was the only way Ferrari would get maximum points from a race this year. ( imho )

jean todt comes across as one of the most arrogent people in sport ( he is french though :smiling_imp: )

i fully understand the decision of all the michelin shod teams to pull out of the race.the safety of all concerned is first and foremost.

According to the radio today, Michelin are supposed to bring backup tyres for just this sort of thing, but didn’t. The backups are meant to be guaranteed to run on any circuit and it is one of the requirements made by the FIA that they bring them.
It still doesn’t let them off the hook though something should have been sorted out to allow them all to race.

It’s down to the fia they should have put a chicane in it has been done already before, so why not here, no more us GP though

The race was a joke,but there again F1 has been a joke for years. Want to watch real racing watch Moto GP or WSB. In WSB you can support an english man who has a chance of wining,but there again he is the world champion. A good kid by the name of James Toseland.

The Michelin teams couldn’t have raced from the moment michelin sayed they couldn’t use the tyres.
The teams who use Michelin were reaping what they sowed from Ferrari. MS had a tyre problem at Barcelona and the other teams wouldn’t consider helping out.
However all those involved should have looked at the bigger picture, Teams survive from Sponsor money, these are big companies who want thier names linked with a massive global sport. They don’t want to be linked with a sport that can’t get organised.
A chicane built for Saturday to give the teams a chanc to try it and a new grid to penalise the michelin runners would have been the answer, but there are to many ego’s and power struggles in F1.

i turned on the telly just as the race was about to begin i wondered what the hell was going on couldnt belive it but i dont blame ferrarri at all if everybody was stupid enough to drop out then more fall them…
i think everyone should have raced and just got on with it i mean they get paid enough dont they :exclamation:

jessicas dad:
i think everyone should have raced and just got on with it i mean they get paid enough dont they :exclamation:

Even people who get paid a lot of money have a right to live/survive whilst doing there chosen thing!! :open_mouth:

:wink: :wink:

marcustandy:

jessicas dad:

Even people who get paid a lot of money have a right to live/survive whilst doing there chosen thing!! :open_mouth:

:wink: :wink:

yeah i agree but that is what they are paid for and everyone likes the sport for isnt it the taking risks.
every year the fia try slowing the cars down by changing tyre and putting in chicanes and extra corners and every year the cars keep going faster.
and the way they all carry on if you dropped one of those cars from the sky the driver would walk away unscathed due to how safe they are. and the best one is if the drivers knew they had dodgy tyres on it would make a better race as they all tried to out chicken each other… in fact every race i would put a dodgy set of tyres on 1 car and not tell the drivers who had the tyres and watch as it sorted the men from the boys. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

There cant be a lot wrong with Michelin tyres.

Rossi has used them all season and stuck it up Sete every time :stuck_out_tongue:

Kyonari and Rutter didnt do so bad either on Michelins in BSB

The reason Michelin had to advise they could gaurantee the tyres in the states, is that the Americans will bring legal cases if anything had happened.

Barry Sheenes 170 mph crash was caused by a tyre exploding because of the track banking.

Michelin cannot afford to have litigation against them

jessicas dad:
i turned on the telly just as the race was about to begin i wondered what the hell was going on couldnt belive it but i dont blame ferrarri at all if everybody was stupid enough to drop out then more fall them…

Thank fully the days of F1 Drivers being killed each season are long gone. In the 60’s and early 70’s thier life expectancy was 5 years.
As someone who works in motor racing I can tell that standing in the pit lane waiting for information when a race has been red flagged is not a nice experience. The only thing worse is going to visit the family of a young driver who was killed while racing.
As for modern driver not taking risks, I think Kimi has dissproved that with his drive at Nurburgring sadly it didn’t work out for him, but did prove that he would continue to race until the wheels fell off his car.

Wheel Nut:
There cant be a lot wrong with Michelin tyres.

Rossi has used them all season and stuck it up Sete every time :stuck_out_tongue:

Kyonari and Rutter didnt do so bad either on Michelins in BSB

The reason Michelin had to advise they could gaurantee the tyres in the states, is that the Americans will bring legal cases if anything had happened.

Barry Sheenes 170 mph crash was caused by a tyre exploding because of the track banking.

Michelin cannot afford to have litigation against them

Don’t think they could get Rossi’s tyres to fit an F1 car :smiley:

As Michelin have accepted that the blame was thiers, they have promised to reimburse everyone the price of the tickets and give them complimentary tickets for next years USA GP, (which is nice) :stuck_out_tongue:

Again Max Mosley has walked away scott free. nothing sticks, and it is time for a change in my opinion

Well done Michelin for admittiing blame, although a slight alteration to the track would have made for some good racing with all teams.

Its probably the only points the Lada engined Jordan will get this year :stuck_out_tongue: