Praise and disgusted

yesterday was in need of a shower pulled in at chesterfield and they are refurbing and blokes have to use the one ladies shower about 4 waiting so i thought id go a bit further.pulled in at tamworth services well what a disgrace 3 showers all cold and about as clean as pig stye,i mentioned it to a member of staff and she looked at me as if to say why do you want to shower any way disgrace…the only decent showers iv had at a msa is wetherby.

on the other hand last week stoped at tebay on m6 8 quid to park with 2 quid off your meal and a decent shower included why cant more places be like this,
also stayed at alconbury last week my first time since it reopened its great to have it back but was not impresssed at all anyone know if the new owners plan to refurb or is that set up a permanant thing■■?

we are more hospitable, and cleaner than southerners.

I’m in Tebay Jn38 truckstop now & I try my hardest to reach here if at all possible, free clean showers, good cheap grub and a decent pint of export :slight_smile:

Baffles me some of the looks you get in the main services if you want a shower too…they think you’re filthy for wanting a shower !!!

yorkshire terrier:
on the other hand last week stoped at tebay on m6 8 quid to park with 2 quid off your meal and a decent shower included why cant more places be like this,

I believe Tebay is one of the only independant services on the motorway network, so maybe they take more care of thier customers instead of thier shareholders. The services in the country are a shocking disgrace and I can’t seem getting any better until something in the system changes.

Tamworth are pristine compared to the hell hole that is Swansea. Absolutely disgusting and have been for some time.

Yeah I agree about Swansea! I was in there the other day, It didn’t seem clean in the resturant, let alone the showers! The best UK showers I came across, and maybe it was a one off, were Wolverhampton Truckstop just off the M54, is it still there?

limeyphil:
we are more hospitable, and cleaner than southerners.

HAHAHA… Nice one! :unamused:

limeyphil:
‘… we are more hospitable, and cleaner than southerners…’

Crikey, but maybe because their beer is not full of frothy ■■■■-gas, northerners generally agree that southerners make better all round alers due to their excellent self control :neutral_face:

Tramper:
Yeah I agree about Swansea! I was in there the other day, It didn’t seem clean in the resturant, let alone the showers! The best UK showers I came across, and maybe it was a one off, were Wolverhampton Truckstop just off the M54, is it still there?

Wolverhampton Truckstop just off the M54, is it still there?
No its been gone a while but i did here it maybe re opening again dont quote me i think i read it some where :smiley:

j38 tebay is the one i use if going to scotland as the food is top notch and the only gripe with the showers is that you cant turn the temperature down on them they are ■■■■■■ boiling :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Happy Keith:

limeyphil:
‘… we are more hospitable, and cleaner than southerners…’

Crikey, but maybe because their beer is not full of frothy ■■■■-gas, northerners generally agree that southerners make better all round alers due to their excellent self control :neutral_face:

You call it self control, we call it “anally retentive” :smiley:

yorkshire terrier:
yesterday was in need of a shower pulled in at chesterfield and they are refurbing and blokes have to use the one ladies shower about 4 waiting so i thought id go a bit further.pulled in at tamworth services well what a disgrace 3 showers all cold and about as clean as pig stye,i mentioned it to a member of staff and she looked at me as if to say why do you want to shower any way disgrace…the only decent showers iv had at a msa is wetherby.

also stayed at alconbury last week my first time since it reopened its great to have it back but was not impresssed at all anyone know if the new owners plan to refurb or is that set up a permanant thing■■?

I’d agree that Tebay is excellent, best stop in the country i reckon. But to be fair to MSA’s and i don’t like any of them, they do have several hundred working blokes passing through their showers and they are a free service. My main complaint about them is that many have cubicles that are to small. I’m tall but i’m skinny and i struggle to get changed in them, how the guys who are 18 stone etc manage in them i’ll never know. I’ve watched guys (other lorry drivers) walk into a cubicle in rigger boots and a padded high viz coat full of oil, you can expect them not to be pristine. Unless of course you advocate MSA’s doing a vetting service for a free shower !! I think a lot of drivers are too stuck up about the facilities they expect when you consider they share them with hundreds or thousands of others in a week.

Mike-C:
‘… self control … “anally retentive” …’

Hence clean; voila!

got to agree with you about tebay, it must be one of the best truckstops in the country. i always try to get back to there if i can. showers are 2.50 if you’re not parking. happendon (cairn lodge) and lockerbie are both quite clean as well.

[quote=“Big ■■■■”
Wolverhampton Truckstop just off the M54, is it still there?
No its been gone a while but i did here it maybe re opening again dont quote me i think i read it some where :smiley:[/quote]
I dont think they will be reopening on the original site if they are , as its now new industrial units