Practical C test

So, I’ve got my test on Thursday AM. I am confident I’ll pass but I still have work to do, but things are ‘clicking’ together.

However, one of the things I was wandering about is if those that have recently had their tests tell me what questions they were asked by their examiner to gauge what sort of questions they will be asking me.

I know about the vehicle related questions, as per the regular walk around checks but I was more thinking about other questions… What I would need to ‘bone up’ on :wink:

Got an early tomorrow as I’m signing on in the afternoon :astonished: :astonished: and then the test is on Thursday noon :unamused: :unamused: :neutral_face:

I’m sure you’ll do fine. Just take it nice and easy. Talk to your examiner too (if you can). I’ve heard how some people forget which gear they are in etc when talking, if you can though do it. It just makes it feel like less of a test and more of a drive. I think in my hour long test there was only around 5 minutes of silence where I was concentrating going through a few narrow street :smiley:

My questions were how to operate the tail lift, how to check coolant level and how to check the suspension.

You said you were familiar with the daily walk questions, was this what you wanted to know?

Good Luck for Thursday.

My questions were : Check Condition of Tyres, Check Horn, Check Oil Level (Dipstick and Dashboard), and Check Mudguards.

If you drive like you have been, keep calm and collected and think of it as giving a lift to the examiner whilst showing your driving skills - you will be fine. As has been said (and it helped me) try and strike up a conversation with the examiner. They are only human. Its only 40-50 mins of accompanied driving so make it good. Hope the reverse goes well too. If you make a mess of it (and you are given the choice to go out) take the opportunity.

Dean

No problem with the reversing that I found, although got a fair bit of practice reversing in my previous lives too :wink: It was more of what other questions apart from the walk around check, which I have been keeping notes for as well, but we’ll see…

I shall chat to my trainer today :wink:

one of the other questions I was asked was when do you use your fog lights so it seems they must be ramdom questions from the highway code about general driving so you should know most of it from your car driving think they are common sense questions

good luck thurs

Jenx

There should not be any questions asked which you have not already covered in your theory or been informed of by your instructor - it’s just a case of remembering everything

This is generally the way things will go in the future as the DSA are not going to be giving answers in theory books but will expect the candidate to absorb all the relevant info and remember it for any relevant test
In other words the candidate will need to have the knowledge and not remember answers

Thanks everyone :wink: I spoke with my instructor this morning and we’ve covered the bases I think with this. But he feels that I’ve reached the standard, I just need to remember to listen and take care with some things and I should be able to pass. The reversing seemed to be a doddle but I shall have to remember to take it easy and not rush.

Of course, returning to the cab after the reversing exercise to find the handbrake off was not a good sign, but considering that has been the ONLY time I’ve done it :unamused: nerves I guess…

0900-1600 tomorrow due to the 2 x 1hr driving session tomorrow plus 2 x tests so the wagon will be out all day.

Onwards and upwards :wink:

hope it all goes well for you, I’m sure it will.

:smiley:

So do I LR18, having spent £1200 of my own savings on it! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

my questions for my C were!

Show me how you would check the coolant and oil level
show me how and what you are looking for on your walk round checks (tyres ,lights ,no loose bits ready to fall off etc)
When would you use a fog light << my answer on this was when its foggy lmao! got a giggle from examiner) and visability when to use it!

My C+E questions were almost the same and i had a different examiner Had all of the above but the one extra i had was how to check for air leaks :wink:

All i can say is good look relax, enjoy and be aware, remember mirrors,mirrors, talk to the examiner if your nervous , i did and it helped! also as my instructor use to say was KEEP IT SIMPLE :grimacing:

My examiner for my C also took me down a 7.5 tonne weight resriction zone if this happens dont just drive down it question there insruction of this as i did and was told i`m allowed to do so please follow the road" they are making sure you are paying attention to the road!, The self drive part is awsome :smiley:.

steveig:
My examiner for my C also took me down a 7.5 tonne weight resriction zone if this happens dont just drive down it question there insruction of this as i did and was told i`m allowed to do so please follow the road" they are making sure you are paying attention to the road!, The self drive part is awsome :smiley:.

Good advice - there are many 7.5 tonne restriction roads where the DSA have local exemptions on using them for test routes

The “Show me Tell me” questions should not cause you too much problem. You will however receive 1 minor mark for each one you get wrong. You have to get ALL 5 wrong to actually fail the test on them. I have never heard of this happening (even in urban myth LGV folklore)

We do provide a free download of the questions you might get asked at:-

flairtraining.co.uk/universi … stions.pdf

Regards

John
Flair Training

The very best of luck for tomorrow Saratoga…i have my c test on friday at 10.15 so getting my ‘brown trousers’ ready!!!

GOOD LUCK ONCE AGAIN.

John.

There is a number of pdfs, the same as John has linked to, on the Direct Gov website. :wink:

Click Here

:unamused: :unamused: :blush: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: YES :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My phone nearly croaked when I tried to send the 20 odd text messages after I put my phone back on. Or rather, one message with 20 recipients… :wink:

I think I’ll rest the rest of the day until the pub this evening…

Nursery Tavern in Lord Street, Coventry if anyone wants to pop in :wink: 2200Hrs onwards… :unamused:

Just have to get two A4 frame holders now to mount my Cat C and Cat D pass certificates next to each other on the wall :smiley: :smiley:

Well done mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: …that first drink will be oh so sweet :smiley:

Hi Saratoga,

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your “C” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

Nice one mate, I thought you’d nail it this time!! :smiley:

Congrats on the pass!!!

I’m driving up to cov on saturday to see the family. I would have bought you a beer :smiley: :smiley:

Well done mate. It feels great doesn’t it!!

Are you going for the artic license next?

dar1976:
Well done mate. It feels great doesn’t it!!

Are you going for the artic license next?

After a year or so on rigids :wink: