How thorough does the walk round... (Cat C now passed)

cat c test? got it in the morning and don’t know wether to go through absolutely everything or just keep it basic. what exactly are they looking for? thanks for any help

I could be wrong here but IIRC you don’t actually go through a full walk around check (the lorry is already on the road isn’t it)

What you get is the “show me tell me” questions.

eg show me how you would test the horn is working. You press the horn button.
You get the drift.

If he asks you to “Show” him how you would test the lights are working. as well as walking round with the lights and hazzards on, when you get back to the cab ask the examiner if he would be so kind as to check the brakelights whilst you press the brake pedal :wink:

As above really but as far as I’m concerned all you’re looking for is that things work, levels are o.k. and nothing’s gonna fall off. Ask your instructor to go through it with you before the test - it’ll give you something to concentrate on if nothing else.

cheers for the advice guys, don’t know why but for some reason I thought you had to do a walkround check followed by the 5 questions, bad preperation on my part lol!

Anyway just had my test and passed, got 7 minors, very happy right now :smiley:

Big thanks to Trevor down at roadtrain for getting me up to standards, will be going back there for my class 1 very soon!

Well done fella. :slight_smile:

Well done :smiley:

Read through LGV training tips by ROG, theres a list in there, I think they ask you asout six random questions show me/tell me. good luck with your test tomorrow :smiley:

Little bit late for that bonnie lass :wink:

Congratulations mate, think I got 7 minors on my c.

Now you’ll start learning! :laughing:

thanks for the congrats guys, much appreciated. Still don’t think its really hit me yet, will probably hit home on thursday when the local papers come and I can actually look at adverts for class 2 drivers :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: (even if most of them will probably be agency jobs that don’t really exist) :frowning:

I feel the same about mine mate, Thought it’d suddenly dawn on me but it still hasn’t. Keep looking at artic’s and thinking “I can drive that” but that’s about it.

I was more relieved than anything when he said I’d passed, still owed a good few beers anorl! Been flat out with class 2 work ever since. As I left the test centre I turned my phone on and it was ringing - how quick can you be at such’n’such? Shame it couldn’t be an artic but we cant have it all ways I suppose. The agencies wont let me loose in one until they see my license.

Harlow_wannabe:
… Anyway just had my test and passed, got 7 minors, very happy right now … :smiley:

Hi Harlow_wannabe,

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your “C” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

That was a good score, nice one mate!!

Cheers Dave, loving the fireworks, very satisfying. I’ve worked very hard the last week and have bored everyone I know to death talking about it all the time so its nice to be rewarded :smiley:

Harlow_wannabe:
Cheers Dave, loving the fireworks, very satisfying. I’ve worked very hard the last week and have bored everyone I know to death talking about it all the time so its nice to be rewarded :smiley:

Hi Harlow_wannabe, Trust me when I say I know how hard you’ve worked. (I’m an ex-LGV instructor.) :wink:

You’re well worth the pat on the back mate, and it’s well meant.
I’d also say that you helped yourself by immersing yourself deeply in all that new stuff for the past week, cos it’s paid off handsomely for you. :smiley:

:bulb: Now that you’ve made the grade, you might wish to rethink your username, cos I don’t think the word ‘wannabe’ is entirely accurate after passing your LGV Cat “C” test. :smiley: :wink:

Isn’t it a great feeling ?

It certainly is a great feeling, and I’ve realised how well I actually done today, especially compared to my training partner who got 20 minors and 1 serious, whoops!

And you can say that again about immersing myself in it, not just for the last week but the last few months, from the theory tests to the cpc to the driving, all I’ve been doing is reading on here and books, it’s dominated my life!! It’s certainly been worth it though, I’ve passed everything first time so far, getting 100% on my theory test and my cpc demonstration. Just got to get my class 1 now and then I can really celebrate :smiling_imp:

Harlow_wannabe:
It certainly is a great feeling, and I’ve realised how well I actually done today, especially compared to my training partner who got 20 minors and 1 serious, whoops!

And you can say that again about immersing myself in it, not just for the last week but the last few months, from the theory tests to the cpc to the driving, all I’ve been doing is reading on here and books, it’s dominated my life!! It’s certainly been worth it though, I’ve passed everything first time so far, getting 100% on my theory test and my cpc demonstration. Just got to get my class 1 now and then I can really celebrate :smiling_imp:

Well mate, I think you’ve done really well, but you’ve reminded me of the training partner I had with me.

I had two tests, simply because I failed the first one fair and square.
Both of us failed on that day, but for different reasons.
I brushed a tyre on a cone, because I was too proud to take a shunt = FAILED!! :blush: :blush:

My training partner had been told all week to ‘slow down’ by our instructor, but he didn’t take any notice.
So there’s the instructor and I sitting in the test station waiting for matey to come back from his road test…
The examiner did the de-brief in the waiting room in front of everybody (things weren’t so PC back in 1979,) so matey was told that he’d failed for excessive use of speed…
The examiner paused, and then said: “… but if it’s any consolation, you now hold the lap-record.” PRICELESS!! :laughing: :grimacing:

CONGRATULATIONS on passing your C test :smiley: :smiley: , sorry about the earlier post -a bit late i guess :confused: but well intended :laughing:

bonnie lass:
CONGRATULATIONS on passing your C test :smiley: :smiley: , sorry about the earlier post -a bit late i guess :confused: but well intended :laughing:

Gonna hazard a guess you’re blonde? :laughing:

If it’s any concellation; I’m living proof that men can be blonde too :blush:

darkseeker:

bonnie lass:

Gonna hazard a guess you’re blonde? :laughing:

If it’s any concellation; I’m living proof that men can be blonde too :blush:

I aint blonde -just stressed :laughing: :laughing:

lol, wish I had an excuse! :wink:

:smiley: :smiley: