C test tomorrow!

So it’s come to test time… First 2 lessons went well last week, one today went great. Was a bit apprehensive about having 4 days between lessons over Easter but i fact I think it gave stuff time to sink in. The only thing I’ve got to watch is my speed coming up to roundabouts, and to make sur I give myself neck ache from looking at the mirrors on the test. My test is at atherton, been on a couple of routes and it seems ok, just been told it depends on the examiner on the day really!! And last minute tips!!!

Keep as calm as you can is my only advice, once you panic you’ve had it.

Good luck.

Good luck for tomorrow. I know it’s easy to say but you need to stay calm and not to panic if something goes wrong.

All the best. You’ll breeze it

Try to relax. Chat away to examiner if you can on the drive. Should help you relax. Any hoildays this year etc. Or get your hands on kalms. Herbal remedy from chemist. Worked for my c and c+e. Best luck bud :smiley:

Good luck for tomorrow mate, if you get Paul Richardson (examiner) you’ll be sorted, he’s a diamond. He knows you’re nervous on test and takes it into account. Very sensible guy who doesn’t mark you down for every move. As has been said, just relax and enjoy it and you’ll have your blue certificate in no time

Well I failed! 5 minors on apparently not checking my near side mirror when setting off. I’ve never been so annoyed. Mirror mirror blind spot was exactly what I’ve been doing. I didn’t get marked down on anything else. My instructor said he’s never had a student pass with the examiner I had, they don’t get on… So why should I suffer!!!

Robmac174a:
My instructor said he’s never had a student pass with the examiner I had, they don’t get on… So why should I suffer!!!

Very strange statement for your instructor to make. Not very professional IMO.

Good luck next time.

Paul :smiley:

Unlucky, who did you do you’re training with?, as mentioned a strange comment to make.

elmet training:

Robmac174a:
My instructor said he’s never had a student pass with the examiner I had, they don’t get on… So why should I suffer!!!

Good luck next time.

I’m with Rochdale LGV. I can’t fault them at all… They’ve been amazing. My instructor meant just that particular examiner. The other ones at atherton are fine and they’ve got a really good pass rate. The guy I had really did have something obsessive with mirrors. He said I didn’t check my near side once on any set offs, which is not true. Oh well, they’ve got me in for another test on Monday!

Good luck next time.

+1

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry to hear that. I’m sure you were doing them, maybe you are blessed with excellent peripheral vision and don’t need to move your head much? Any rate, am sure you don’t need me to tell you to rock your head like Noddy on steroids on Monday, or Noddy sideways… Best of luck for Monday and if that was the only thing I’m sure you will sail through it.
Tim

What did he look like robmac, not a bald bloke with glasses and a nasally voice?

I was told by my instructor that a bloke called Eric was a nightmare of an examiner in the Atherton test centre. Apparently his level of leniency is non existent.

Whilst there is no question that there are slight variations between examiners, they are all trained to examine to the same standard and are checked to ensure this is happening.

If a particular examiner was getting loads of fails on mirrors, for instance, then this would flag up and this would be checked.

There is a lot of bunkum talked about examiners and most of this comes from candidates who haven’t reached the standard or trainers who cant train.

In my 40+ years of training I have been involved in approx. 6 complaints. 3 of these were about one examiner on one day. He no longer works as an examiner.

Because, believe it or not, examiners are human, personalities vary and not everyone is going to be best mates with everyone else. I speak specifically for my test centre when I say I have no problems with the decisions made by any of the examiners.

Peter Smythe:
Whilst there is no question that there are slight variations between examiners, they are all trained to examine to the same standard and are checked to ensure this is happening.

If a particular examiner was getting loads of fails on mirrors, for instance, then this would flag up and this would be checked.

There is a lot of bunkum talked about examiners and most of this comes from candidates who haven’t reached the standard or trainers who cant train.

In my 40+ years of training I have been involved in approx. 6 complaints. 3 of these were about one examiner on one day. He no longer works as an examiner.

Because, believe it or not, examiners are human, personalities vary and not everyone is going to be best mates with everyone else. I speak specifically for my test centre when I say I have no problems with the decisions made by any of the examiners.

Nice post Pete.

May I add that I tell my pupils to respect the examiners decision. I have had it before when a pupil has argued the decision.

I passed!!! Got the same examiner lol… Mirrors again, but only got 4 minors, all of them on mirrors!! Done now… Cpc to do as soon as licence gets back then my artic course!!

:smiley: :smiley:

That’s brilliant news - and sounds like you’ve broken the examiner curse with your trainer into the bargain!

Good luck with your artic and cpc.

Well done! Tim