C test tomorrow!

Peter Smythe:
…There is a lot of bunkum talked about examiners and most of this comes from candidates who haven’t reached the standard or trainers who cant train…Pete :laughing: :laughing:

So you’re saying there are NO problems with ANY examiners? Do me a favour Peter, as you say, they are human and you are not telling me there isn’t at LEAST one who thinks “Right, I feel like being a ■■■■ today” because that just doesn’t stand up mate. First guy I had was a complete ■■■■ and yes, I failed because of MY mistake, but his attitude stank from the first minute, he was finding fault with EVERYTHING, and when I get told we are following the road ahead at the lights, then get told “you should be in the left turn lane” WTF? So no Peter, it’s not a load of “bunkum”

And congrats on the pass Robmac, you deserve it mate :smiley:

Congrats mate. Hope I can follow in your steps on my retest!

Rat67:
Good luck for tomorrow mate, if you get Paul Richardson (examiner) you’ll be sorted, he’s a diamond. He knows you’re nervous on test and takes it into account. Very sensible guy who doesn’t mark you down for every move. As has been said, just relax and enjoy it and you’ll have your blue certificate in no time

I had Paul Richardson! He had to fail me though because of my complete destruction on the reverse exercise. Hope I get him for my retest!

Thanks everyone… It was Paul I had… He seemed a nice guy. Just a stickler for mirrors!! I was checking them but I mustn’t have moved my head enough… However I got round that this morning by just moving my near side mirror a touch so I had to physically move to see in in properly!! :wink: now I’ve just got a frustrating wait to get my license back to book on the cpc and artic tests!!

Nothing to stop you booking your CE straight away but allow 3 weeks for your licence to come back. With one exception, that’s always worked for my candidates.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Robmac174a:
I passed!!! Got the same examiner lol… Mirrors again, but only got 4 minors, all of them on mirrors!! Done now… Cpc to do as soon as licence gets back then my artic course!!

Well done m8 , get on and do your Class 1 and all the best regards Tom

Congratulations, and a good result, don’t leave your c+e to late, get it done as soon as you can. Good luck.

So you’re saying there are NO problems with ANY examiners? Do me a favour Peter, as you say, they are human and you are not telling me there isn’t at LEAST one who thinks “Right, I feel like being a [zb] today” because that just doesn’t stand up mate. First guy I had was a complete ■■■■ and yes, I failed because of MY mistake, but his attitude stank from the first minute, he was finding fault with EVERYTHING, and when I get told we are following the road ahead at the lights, then get told “you should be in the left turn lane” WTF? So no Peter, it’s not a load of “bunkum”

I refer you to my post where I said

There is a lot of bunkum talked about examiners and most of this comes from candidates who haven’t reached the standard or trainers who cant train.

I didn’t say that this is alwaysthe case. But I stick to my statement in the context it was given.

I’m not saying that it’s not possible for an examiner to have a bad day - of course it is. All I said was that, at our centre, we don’t experience this. And if we did we’d do something meaningful about it. As mentioned, one examiner lost his job because of my complaint.

I was merely trying to indicate that the examiners have the same training and their results are monitored closely. And, for most of the time, this works very well. If anyone feels mistreated on a test there is a route for complaints that their trainer should be able to help with.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: