Potholes

Has anyone else noticed the number of potholes there are on the motorways at the moment?

I came round the M25 in Essex earlier and some of them are huge and I am concerned they may cause an accident

its not too bad on days - you can see them coming and avoid - but on nights its a bit unpleasant :angry: you always seem to remember where the deep ones are though :grimacing:

There will be many more potholes appearing once the frost comes out of the gound. The roads will be breaking up everywhere. there are a lot of holes already. Perhaps the Goverment will finally spend a bit more money on the roads, which have been underfunded for years.

Must admit I havent been on the M25 in years,however, if the hotpoles over there,are anything like the hotpoles over here,well just sit back and admire them.I would have thought the motorway was a tad dangerous though for good lookinPolish women? Would they not keep to the footpath.:wink:

There are some nasty potholes on the section of A12 between the A406 (North Circular Road) and the Blackwall Tunnel, bad enough for me to be jolted in the lorry. Christ knows what they would do to some poor sod on a motorbike?

I did notice that over the past decade the crafty government refers to the ‘Road Tax’ rather than the ‘Road Fund License’, as that would imply the buggers should actually spend some of the vast sums they rake in on fixing the roads.

This is typical, potholes appear in greater numbers after winter. Especially after frosty winter. Moisture trapped in the road surface freezes and bursts the tarmac. Usually, if there a small pothole fixed in summer it’ll be a big pothole next spring.

HomoFaber:
This is typical, potholes appear in greater numbers after winter. Especially after frosty winter. Moisture trapped in the road surface freezes and bursts the tarmac. Usually, if there a small pothole fixed in summer it’ll be a big pothole next spring.

They’ll get fixed when someone phones up saying they just split their hot coffee over the knee because of the pot holes :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :blush: :blush:

No need to tell me

Coat, Tin hat TAXI!!!

Try the A2 in kent you could hide a mini in some of them :laughing: The minor roads are a disgrace also seen better in Greece. Help I am going into full rant mode must stop!! must stop!!! Arrrgh too late. WHy the hell do the utility companies put there trenches 1 ft from the kerb so that the first HGV over them sinks the trench making potentially lethal tramlines in the road surface. Also why do traffic planners insist on sticking 3 mini roundabouts together so that Dixons and Asda can build yet another store that no one can afford to buy from, so that A: you have to drive over them and B: you clear the first 2 and have to stop at the third to give way causing gridlock. Why to speed up traffic flow do they put feeder lanes on roundabouts that mean you cannot get adequate space to turn right at the roundabout without the risk of scrubbing tyres on the pretty and pointless kerbs they have added.

There Rant over!! :laughing: :unamused: :wink:

Oh hang on sod the pot holes Kent County Council is going to spend millions on a 170ft high My little pony at Ebbsfleet. All is well with the world again!! :smiling_imp:

Apparently there is a tender out looking for a 40ft shovel to clear up after it

N2N Transport:
Oh hang on sod the pot holes Kent County Council is going to spend millions on a 170ft high My little pony at Ebbsfleet. All is well with the world again!! :smiling_imp:

Perhaps they will use the dung from it to fill the potholes :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dave the Renegade:

N2N Transport:

Perhaps they will use the dung from it to fill the potholes :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wonder what the mane crowd groans reasons are for building the horse are.

You’d have to be a right foal to miss it when driving by it…

Dave the Renegade:

N2N Transport:

Surely the Councils have been spewing that stuff out for the last few years now …

Apparently they wanted a monument of Gordon Brown as the greatest PM ever, instead they settled for a Horses Arse like the rest of us have had too!!

There are some fairly spectacular ones on the M4 just now…But even more spectacular is the sight of the HA Incident Teams scuttling out across the live lanes with a shovel full of tarmac to fill 'em! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

A 438 Herefod to Brecon road, just 3 miles out of Hereford is as rough as a ploughed field, plus the tarmac is coming up bigtime, holes appearing everywhere. :unamused: :unamused: