Potential New Job

I’ve been for an interview in Leeds today and have been offered a paid “trial” week before Xmas, sharing the work with a regular driver on pallet work around Yorkshire driving a Volvo artic (not sure which model yet). The pay is average but better than what the agencies have offered and it a full week of driving/reversing/loading/unloading/tachos etc etc.

I’m really pleased about this, as a week’s experience with pay under the watchful eyes of an experienced driver, is far better than being thrown in at the deep end by an agency and even if it does not work out as planned, I have made a start and will have learnt some basic stuff and if it does go to plan I can start the first week in January and they’ve got some new stuff coming in the new year.

I can’t wait to finish my notice period and get down to the yard for a 6:00am start a week on Monday.

Can anybody recommend some decent safety boots?

Will keep you posted.

first off congratulations on the job and we

hope that you will do a diary,right ,sorry can

,t help with the boots as i use ones from

a german shop, BUT ensurethat they are

resistaint to acid,steeltoe cap,anti-static

and also if you deal with hot liquids

again resiliant up to 200,c,have a look

at puma safety shoes, or eltensafety shoes

these are okay,the better quality shoes

are worth buying as they can save you from

being seriously injured if a accident happens

as regards to the feet.

Good luck with the job sounds alright. Can’t help with the boots either think i got mine from the local Army and Navy place. Buy them soon and wear them in the last thing you want is blisters when your driving.

well done & good luck with the job.
I got a good pair of stell toe capped Dickie boots from here ebrookes.co.uk/cl/13/Safety_Footwear.html they do 24hour delivery