Poor Guy

I seen the poor guy lying in the middle on lane one before the police got there so there was noithing covering him. There was a sainsburys artic stopped right in front of him. If it had been a second later then either the guy would have fallen right through the cab of the truck or the truck would have ran right over him.

My thoughts are with his family.

Steve-o:
M62 fall death tragedy latest - YorkshireLive

I seen the poor guy lying in the middle on lane one before the police got there so there was noithing covering him. There was a sainsburys artic stopped right in front of him. If it had been a second later then either the guy would have fallen right through the cab of the truck or the truck would have ran right over him.

My thoughts are with his family.

I take it you should mean the truck driver not the guy in lane 1.

Not the guy lay in front of him, It may be harsh, i’ve a smidging of sympathy with him because you have to have some problems to tip you over the edge but to then impact it and spoil other innocent peoples lives is a bit off. And reading the police reports i would say they are erring on the side of caution/fantasy it is usual to climb over bridge protection before “falling” or be chucked/dropped over.

one of the times i saw it truck stopped lane 1, bus lane 2, taxi lane 3, motorist lane 4, no one touched him and it wasn’t a high bridge so he was lifted and shifted to 'ozzer. Unlucky for him ? Lucky for everyone else ? Except the 15 mile tailback.

Would he have been a poor guy if he went through the bus window and had an overturned bus? or would it be the 40-50 or so innocents.

Fallen :unamused:

More like he threw himself off it.

I agree with Speedyguy, if you want to end it all there are plenty of ways to do it with out the chance of ruining somebody elses life.
But there again if you could think straight you wouldn’t be jumping off bridges.

paul@midway:
Fallen :unamused:

More like he threw himself off it.

i reckon you could be right.

couple of years back i saw a similar thing just before j9 of the m25.
one minute everything was flowing fine, then everyone just anchored up and stopped. about 200 yards up, some people were getting out of their cars. after about 5 mins, lanes 1 and 2 started crawling along, and then i saw it, a guy, laying motionless in lane 4. looked as though he’d jumped from the bridge above, maybe 20-25 ft high tops, and it looked like 2, maybe 3 cars had hit him.

i know desperation, and circumstances, can push people over the edge, to do such drastic things, just seems such a waste, and then its the family left behind, and the poor innocent motorists that hit the guy once he’d landed in the fast lane, must be tough too deal with. i couldn’t get it out of mind all day.
i know the motorway was shut for a few hours too.

Maybe i’ll get shot down for my veiws on this but I have no sympathy for this guy at all , in fact I would go as far as calling him a selfish gitt. Sympathy and condolances to his family who are left to pic up the pieces but not for the guy himself.
Several years ago a very good friend was involved in an incident in witch a 20 year old guy decided commit suicide by jumping under the wheels of my friends artic. Now this guy didnt just bounce off and land away from the truck he went right under , blood guts and brains all over the road.
Now some guys might be able to shrug something like that off, but my mates life was ruined, he has never driven a truck again , he hates driving the car in town with pedestrians about and he still suffers nightmares. He went from being a happy go lucky type guy to a moody bugger nearly ruining his mariage.
So I’m sorry if i’ve offended anyone but having seen first hand how this affects peoples life’s I stick to my view that it was a very selfish act.

I used to live 2 miles away from that bridge, Its the one by the farm in the middle of the M62. about 10/15 years ago it was a very popular place if you wished to end your life, been over it many times and its bloody high. Sympathies to those unfortunate enough to be on the motorway at the time and those that have to pick up the pieces from this and carry on with there own lives, There re many othr ways to do what they have done without ipacting on so so many others peoples lives.