Lucky not to tip over

image.jpg

Good driver he needed a 45 and rather than park on hard shoulder parked there

45 degrees !

Has he gone over the barrier as well, or managed to find a gap ?

steelgoon:

I’m guessing he’s CREATED that gap in the barrier clearly seen in the pic?

waynedl:

steelgoon:

Then carefully put the cones back as they don’t seem to have moved

I saw it from the Southbound side this afternoon (no-one about, it obviously happened earlier in the day). Looked to me like the truck took out the barrier as it left the carriageway. Anyone know what time it happened? It wasn’t there when I went North around 0730 today.

Looks like Troy Foods Leeds, a company i asked about on tnet a few week back.

there was one on the M18 a few weeks backs in exactly the same position, It looked like he had just parked up for a break and could have driven it back out again :smiley:

yorkielee:

waynedl:

steelgoon:

Then carefully put the cones back as they don’t seem to have moved

Someone has obviously put the cones there afterwards, a womble perhaps? It obviously hasn’t just happened in the picture :unamused:

I guess there was a strong smell of adrenalin in the cab.

The agencies are starting to use a bit of common sense and its becoming more frequent for crashes like this to be left where they are and then recovered late at night to cause less distuption.

m1cks:
The agencies are starting to use a bit of common sense and its becoming more frequent for crashes like this to be left where they are and then recovered late at night to cause less distuption.

It has been routine to do that for at least the last 30 years to my personal knowledge. Only when the vehicle concerned is well away from the running lanes though.

interesting camera position or was the guy taking the picture a passenger in a left ■■■■■■

the one and only:
interesting camera position or was the guy taking the picture a passenger in a left ■■■■■■

Well its r/h/d wipers

the one and only:

I wondered how long it’d be.

I didn’t want to be the one who asked why upstanding van driving citizen Dan Punchard was taking pictures whilst driving his van.

Someone needed to though. :laughing:

The camera is behind me .

I wondered if it was mounted on your builder’s hard hat you don’t like wearing.

I even wear it when it’s raining .

Dan Punchard:
The camera is behind me .

Were you in the grey Merc with poor lane discipline then?