Hero or Zero?

Had this pop up on my youtube, https://youtu.be/FECS6YC1xu0
Comments from the usual fanboys calling him a hero. Complete numpty in my book, should be prosecuted for dangerous driving himself. Undertaking, weaving into lane 3, stopping in lane 2 and playing policeman on a live motorway. Could have been Death by dangerous driving if someone had ploughed into the car in his wannabe T-pac manoeuvre. Call the rozzers and let them deal with it.
TN thoughts?

Bloody hell.I wouldnt have done that.

Might have been a medical event in the red car. Even so, far too dangerous to try and block/stop a car using a truck, leave it to the police with their training, lights/sirens and the ability to deploy multiple vehicles including one holding some distance at the back with “Do Not Pass” matrix board lit up.

He was an idiot for doing it. That being said he had good intentions you can tell from his commentary. I don’t think he thinks of himself as a part time police officer like some. So, he was a berk but a nice berk.

As to whether he caused more danger by stopping in a live lane… debatable… he has the advantage of being in a large truck. So people are going to see you stopped quite easily compared to if you tried the same thing in a car.
But you have got to think if a pile up did occur… how will the police see it. It is a ■■■■■■ world we live in these days as you gotta look out for yourself at all time to be honest.

I had a situation once when some ladders fell off this van in front of me on the motorway.I could have drove around them but chose to stop instead and the van stopped and he was able to retrieve the ladders but by stopping ,I ran the risk of someone running into the back of me,sometimes you dont know what to do for the best

Maybe he was a copper in another life? :laughing: The only thing I’d be doing is calling 999 and getting away quick.

I’d of slowed him down dialled 999 or the equivalent in Ireland let them come and stop him.
Was good he slowed him down to prevent anything happening.
But by stopping and getting out he could of caused an accident and if the driver was high on drugs he could.of been attacked.

edd1974:
I’d of slowed him down dialled 999 or the equivalent in Ireland let them come and stop him.
Was good he slowed him down to prevent anything happening.
But by stopping and getting out he could of caused an accident and if the driver was high on drugs he could.of been attacked.

Why are you writing “of”, instead of “have”?

Fuzrat:
Complete numpty in my book, Could have been Death by dangerous driving if someone had ploughed into the car Call the rozzers and let them deal with it.
TN thoughts?

Or if others had ploughed into the back of his truck :open_mouth: I don’t care what his intentions were, stopping in a live lane for no good reason is insane

It’s ned Kelly off YouTube
Not a very wise thing to do, it could have turned out very serious for him if it went wrong
Very surprised to see anyone never mind him doing that

Ned needs something to make a video and have a rant . I suposse on a quiet week something “has” to happen to provide "content "
Always wondered how many of these “vloggers” push situations so that they have content for their vlogs / videos . When you have covered as many miles and been in as many different countries as Ned has been in I’d have thought he would have been a little more chilled out - then again drama and outrage gets views (but I hasten to add not mine stopped watching him a long time ago

Oh ffs :unamused: Self appointed traffic marshals I hate em. :smiling_imp:

Not only ideas above his station but got a death wish by getting out on to a live 3 lane motorway :open_mouth:
I reckon the manoeuvre he did was just as dangerous, maybe even more dangerous than the antics of the car that he was ‘policing’. :open_mouth:

Some of these guys on these videos start believing their own hype,.he now sees himself as a crime fighter ffs. :laughing:
If it bothered him that much,.he should gave phoned the Old Bill.

One of those ■■■■ weasels who.spend their time sending dash cam ‘evidence’ to the Old Bill,.should send that vid in. :smiley:
He should be nicked for dangerous driving…

It looks like he got out of the cab without locking it and left the engine running.

I think I’m more shocked and amazed by an Irish wagon cruising at 90kmh! :laughing:

And he wasn’t driving with a hi-vis,many coffin dodgers will remember the days of no speed limiters but the government couldn’t trust drivers so the limiters were brought in.

robroy:

Not only ideas above his station but got a death wish by getting out on to a live 3 lane motorway :open_mouth:
I reckon the manoeuvre he did was just as dangerous, maybe even more dangerous than the antics of the car that he was ‘policing’. :open_mouth:

Some of these guys on these videos start believing their own hype,.he now sees himself as a crime fighter ffs. [emoji38]

One of those [zb] weasels who.spend their time sending dash cam ‘evidence’ to the Old Bill,.should send that vid in. :smiley:

So was the low loader driver that squeezed a van against the Armco also a self appointed traffic marshall then? Him and other people potentially saved the drivers life who was having a medical episode?

I’m kind on the fence really but the video gives nowhere enough facts to decide whether he did the right thing or not at the time. Generally call the emergency services and let them deal with it, unless it really looks like it’s going to go pear shaped when some intervention if you can do it as safe as possible might be appropriate. I mean he didn’t just stop the traffic suddenly he slowed it down and no doubt other vehicles were all warning each other of the hazard like happens and traffic lapwing down anyway due to the erratic nature of the driving.

What about coming across a car broken down in a live lane and blocking the carriageway and moving said vehicle onto hard shoulder and using the truck as a shield to do so. Would that be right or wrong?

Sometimes it takes decisive action by someone to stop a situation escalating rather quickly. It may not be legally right but is it morally right at the time?

All I’m saying is sometimes doing something is the right thing to do at the time rather than doing nothing. Nothing is ever quite black and white there is always a grey Murky area.

Myself I’d likely keep back with my hazards on to warn other traffic and call 999. And stay behind the vehicle waiting for the emergency services to arrive.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

I had a van crash about 4 cars in front of me, it hit the nearside barrier then bounced back into lane 1 on the M4, the cars infront drove around the wreckage without assisting, so I put on my hazards and stopped behind, protecting it, luckily there was an unmarked police car in the queue behind me and it wasn’t long before a police van showed up so I could leave!!

I was in congested traffic on the motorway plodding on at two mph and saw a stranded car in lane three so I got out the cab and pushed it in to the hard shoulder, the occupant was on the phone to the police and i overheard that they were on the way then the driver said a lorry driver has sorted it out, other motorists got out of their vehicles to help push it.

simcor:

robroy:

Some of these guys on these videos start believing their own hype,.he now sees himself as a crime fighter ffs. [emoji38]

One of those [zb] weasels who.spend their time sending dash cam ‘evidence’ to the Old Bill,.should send that vid in. :smiley:

So was the low loader driver that squeezed a van against the Armco also a self appointed traffic marshall then? Him and other people potentially saved the drivers life who was having a medical episode?

I’m kind on the fence really but the video gives nowhere enough facts to decide whether he did the right thing or not at the time. Generally call the emergency services and let them deal with it, unless it really looks like it’s going to go pear shaped when some intervention if you can do it as safe as possible might be appropriate. I mean he didn’t just stop the traffic suddenly he slowed it down and no doubt other vehicles were all warning each other of the hazard like happens and traffic lapwing down anyway due to the erratic nature of the driving.

What about coming across a car broken down in a live lane and blocking the carriageway and moving said vehicle onto hard shoulder and using the truck as a shield to do so. Would that be right or wrong?

Sometimes it takes decisive action by someone to stop a situation escalating rather quickly. It may not be legally right but is it morally right at the time?

All I’m saying is sometimes doing something is the right thing to do at the time rather than doing nothing. Nothing is ever quite black and white there is always a grey Murky area.

Myself I’d likely keep back with my hazards on to warn other traffic and call 999. And stay behind the vehicle waiting for the emergency services to arrive.

Don’t know mate, and tbh I cba to check out the vid again to see. :smiley:

Thing is since I started this job, there has been a considerable reduction in Traffic Police presence on our roads resulting in complete and regular f/witt ery that we now see EVERY ■■■■ day.

The Police would far rather use cameras with the added benefits of the money they generate,.and now they are actively recruiting unpaid ‘road robocops’ to do their jobs for them by both reporting bad driving by phone, and sending in incriminating dash cam footage…and we all know the type of ■■■■ that these schemes attract,( the type of person I detest :smiling_imp: )

Furthermore on many occasions these guys are either manufacturing scenarios to make themselves look good, and get a pat on the back from Old Bill, or as in this clip doing something equally as (sometimes more) dangerous not to mention stupid, themselves.
Or again as in this clip, putting their own lives at risk…
So as long as these cretins smugly ‘police’ the roads, the situation will NEVER improve…that is my point.

Me?..I just get on with my own work,.and mind my OWN ■■■■ business.

In the very rare and very unlikely event came up where I had an opportunity to save somebody’s life,.then and only then would I involve myself…
But not if would possibly endanger other road users, because of the potential sh storm it would bring around my lugs…and DEFINITELY not if my own safety was at risk. :unamused:…both illustrated in matey’s example.
Hope that explains.

Not many know about reporting debris on the motorway that is in imminent risk of causing a collision or tyre damage such as ratchet straps,bits of sharp metal and other detritus by phoning 999 as I have never been told off for it and the information is immediately passed to Highways as soon as possible.