Hero or Zero?

robroy:

simcor:

robroy:
Oh ffs :unamused: Self appointed traffic marshals I hate em. :smiling_imp:

Not only ideas above his station but got a death wish by getting out on to a live 3 lane motorway :open_mouth:
I reckon the manoeuvre he did was just as dangerous, maybe even more dangerous than the antics of the car that he was ā€˜policingā€™. :open_mouth:

Some of these guys on these videos start believing their own hype,.he now sees himself as a crime fighter ffs. [emoji38]
If it bothered him that much,.he should gave phoned the Old Bill.

One of those [zb] weasels who.spend their time sending dash cam ā€˜evidenceā€™ to the Old Bill,.should send that vid in. :smiley:
He should be nicked for dangerous drivingā€¦

So was the low loader driver that squeezed a van against the Armco also a self appointed traffic marshall then? Him and other people potentially saved the drivers life who was having a medical episode?

Iā€™m kind on the fence really but the video gives nowhere enough facts to decide whether he did the right thing or not at the time. Generally call the emergency services and let them deal with it, unless it really looks like itā€™s going to go pear shaped when some intervention if you can do it as safe as possible might be appropriate. I mean he didnā€™t just stop the traffic suddenly he slowed it down and no doubt other vehicles were all warning each other of the hazard like happens and traffic lapwing down anyway due to the erratic nature of the driving.

What about coming across a car broken down in a live lane and blocking the carriageway and moving said vehicle onto hard shoulder and using the truck as a shield to do so. Would that be right or wrong?

Sometimes it takes decisive action by someone to stop a situation escalating rather quickly. It may not be legally right but is it morally right at the time?

All Iā€™m saying is sometimes doing something is the right thing to do at the time rather than doing nothing. Nothing is ever quite black and white there is always a grey Murky area.

Myself Iā€™d likely keep back with my hazards on to warn other traffic and call 999. And stay behind the vehicle waiting for the emergency services to arrive.

Donā€™t know mate, and tbh I cba to check out the vid again to see. :smiley:

Thing is since I started this job, there has been a considerable reduction in Traffic Police presence on our roads resulting in complete and regular f/witt ery that we now see EVERY [zb] day.

The Police would far rather use cameras with the added benefits of the money they generate,.and now they are actively recruiting unpaid ā€˜road robocopsā€™ to do their jobs for them by both reporting bad driving by phone, and sending in incriminating dash cam footageā€¦and we all know the type of [zb] that these schemes attract,( the type of person I detest :smiling_imp: )

Furthermore on many occasions these guys are either manufacturing scenarios to make themselves look good, and get a pat on the back from Old Bill, or as in this clip doing something equally as (sometimes more) dangerous not to mention stupid, themselves.
Or again as in this clip, putting their own lives at riskā€¦
So as long as these cretins smugly ā€˜policeā€™ the roads, the situation will NEVER improveā€¦that is my point.

Me?..I just get on with my own work,.and mind my OWN [zb] business.

In the very rare and very unlikely event came up where I had an opportunity to save somebodyā€™s life,.then and only then would I involve myselfā€¦
But not if would possibly endanger other road users, because of the potential sh storm it would bring around my lugsā€¦and DEFINITELY not if my own safety was at risk. :unamused:ā€¦both illustrated in mateyā€™s example.
Hope that explains.

I donā€™t disagree with a lot of what you say Rob, but like I said sometimes action is needed quickly. I wouldnā€™t call someone an appointed traffic marshall for doing what they think is right and the safest at the time necessarily. Thatā€™s the point Iā€™m making.

I do think you choose any topic to go on a bit of a rant about some of the points you make, it is what it is and we are where we are In this day age and mostly for the better, but often sometimes for the worst.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Ok, if you think I go on a rant, well that is your I opinion and you are entitled to itā€¦no probs from my pov mate.

I just speak my mind on here and in real life, and certainly not caring who tf I upset or offend,.and I have zero tolerance towards d/heads ā€¦at least people know where they are with me. if I do not like them I can not pretend that I doā€¦again as in REAL life also.

If I DO rant on certain subjects it is an indication of how strongly I feel about them. :bulb:
This is one of them,.I canā€™t stand self appointed busy bodies who take authority upon themselves with no qualification or entitlementā€¦and I detest any form of informant to authoritiesā€¦simple. :bulb:

robroy:
If I DO rant on certain subjects it is an indication of how strongly I feel about them. :bulb:

Where is Franglais these days, Iā€™ve not noticed him posting for a while.