Well, it just sort of fell over boss

Stoke Sentinel

Hope the driver is ok.
Don’t know a ■■■■ about that particular rta, but I would sure as hell bet it was caused by the truck being driven like you would drive a car :bulb:
See it more and more every week, not just on roundabouts but in general.
Ok, unlike once over, any idiot can drive a truck, because driving a modern truck today is just like driving a car.

The secret is not to. :bulb:
The good drivers know this, the idiots don’t.

(As I said not referring to this driver as I know nothing about this particular accident)

Eh? you mean you can’t just stick it in D press the pedal on the right and steer it in the general direction you want to go and all will be well? :smiling_imp:

Trouble is thats exactly whats happening out there, Centre-of-Gravity doesn’t compute with so many, just the same when the road’s wet or salty in winter, there you are gingerly coaxing it round the roundabout/corner cos you can feel the tyres at the limits of adhesion…then whoosh, soddin great lorry comes hurtling past on the corner as if you’re bloody parked up…i often wonder if the tyres out firm buys are seconds of summat cos there’s no way i can keep up with the heroes :laughing:

Last one we had (yes agency) reports came back he was overtaking every other bugger on the roundabout fully freighted, the problem being he could start at a new agency every week leaving such a trail of destruction in his wake and no one would be any the wiser.

I agree we don’t know what happened in this cae, it could equally be he was taking avoiding action due to A N Other twerp.

Looks like he was too big for the escape hatch :open_mouth:

Just the other day in Devon, this ■■■■ whit in a Scania pulling a tipper teararsed towards me, both approaching the same small roundabout, he never drew rein right around, how he got round without losing it, and maybe ploughing into me, I’ll never know.
If he wanted to kill himsef I really couldn’t give a ■■■■, but don’t involve or injure me in it.

So how are these fast drivers going to manage when we get a bad winter? There are some new drivers out there who will have never driven in snow for the last 10 years.

And this people is why we have tilt sensors! :smiley:
Although the trailer I had today was maybe a little too sensitive. :blush:
(And before you have a pop at me, all our drivers agree!)

I do have to wonder (while you’re about to kiss the windscreen) whether this is a help or hindrance, as it certainly unbalances the truck when it hits the brakes…

As evil says don’t know whether its a help or not it put the fear o god intae me when it first happened ,happened at a wide open right hander… my old horse had steel on the front and air on the other 6 axles so no problem …the truck I had for the day was air on all 7 axles …approached the corner as normal half way round and the kin brakes came on dear god I thought I was done for seems it was a “tilt sensor” fitted and no one thought to mention it to me :open_mouth: (low aggregate loads on a b train) unbalanced the outfit to put it mildly.

Evil8Beezle:

Tilt sensors?..Well they have definitely bypassed me bud. :neutral_face:.

robroy:

Evil8Beezle:

We have tilt sensors on our new trailers,if you hit a bend or roundabout too fast it activates your trailer brakes to stop you tipping over.

No not tilt sensors on trailers I had …the unit had air all round suspension ,when you pushed it to hard intae a corner it cut the power and put drag on the brakes (Mack vision 09).

robroy:

Evil8Beezle:

I thought you were down with the kids mate? :laughing:

Yes all our tankers have them apparently, and it’s only this one I’ve set off. Once today and once as I came off the A303 Eastbound onto the A36 where it’s an adverse camber. I didn’t have a clue what was happening to start with, as I was only crawling away from the lights, and up on the dashboard popped the message! :laughing:

xichrisxi:

robroy:

Evil8Beezle:

We have tilt sensors on our new trailers,if you hit a bend or roundabout too fast it activates your trailer brakes to stop you tipping over.

Ffs, Call me old fashioned Chris, but I always thought that was the driver’s job. :unamused:
Just thinking how will driving standards ever improve if new drivers are relying on all this sort of stuff.
They spend say a year with a firm that has all this kind of tech bs, then they change jobs to a less say up to date firm, and roll the ■■■■ thing over on the first roundabout they come to. :unamused:

Maybe it’s just me and I’ve done this job to bloody long…Yeh, I must have, as I’m beginning to sound like Victor Meldrew to MYSELF never mind you lot. :blush: :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:
I thought you were down with the kids mate? :laughing:

:

I am mate …I’m sat here listening to Catfish and the Bottlemen, with my baseball cap on the wrong way round as I’m sat here replying to you. :sunglasses:

robroy:

xichrisxi:

robroy:

Evil8Beezle:

Ffs, Call me old fashioned Chris, but I always thought that was the driver’s job. :unamused:
Just thinking how will driving standards ever improve if new drivers are relying on all this sort of stuff.
They spend say a year with a firm that has all this kind of tech bs, then they change jobs to a less say up to date firm, and roll the [zb] thing over on the first roundabout they come to. :unamused:

Maybe it’s just me and I’ve done this job to bloody long…Yeh, I must have, as I’m beginning to sound like Victor Meldrew to MYSELF never mind you lot. :blush: :smiley:

To be fair mate, it’s not something you want to set off as I’m not kidding about kissing the windscreen! :laughing:

Oh good Centre of Gravity no longer needs to be taken into account in how you fling the bloody thing about, now we have the black magic art of the Tilt Sensor, will its wonders never cease.

NURSE, more opium please i wish to vacate the world.

Juddian:
Oh good Centre of Gravity no longer needs to be taken into account in how you fling the bloody thing about, now we have the black magic art of the Tilt Sensor, will its wonders never cease.

NURSE, more opium please i wish to vacate the world.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

We have them on our new MA trailers for Sunderland. Can’t say I’ve ever experienced it myself as I still drive like a Granny round roundabouts but drivers have told me what they do.

Tilt sensors, just another way of dumbing down the job and having them is gonna make the heroes think they can go round a corner faster than they can and this will save them.
I’ve managed for over 30yrs without these gizmo’s and still shiny side up.
All these extra so called safety devices from ABS, lane control, auto-braking/collision warning, smart cruise control, and probably a pile more I’ve not heard about is giving a false sense of security to drivers now, probably makes some of them ask “what could possibly go wrong ?”
The only one on that list I’ve got on my truck/trailer is ABS, makes me wonder now how I get from A to B and home safely every night.
All these new electronics, I think, are being tested by human’s for the lead up to driverless vehicles in the future.

neilg14:
Tilt sensors, just another way of dumbing down the job and having them is gonna make the heroes think they can go round a corner faster than they can and this will save them.

Actually I find it a bit more like a slap on the back of the head from teacher telling you not to do it again! :laughing:
So the result is that you drive a lot more gingerly waiting for the bugger to catch you out. You definitely don’t drive thinking it will save you, as to me it feels like it’s more likely to go over when it kicks in and unbalances the truck. I’m probably wrong, but that’s what it feels like…