Well, it just sort of fell over boss

neilg14:
Tilt sensors, just another way of dumbing down the job and having them is gonna make the heroes think they can go round a corner faster than they can and this will save them.
I’ve managed for over 30yrs without these gizmo’s and still shiny side up.
All these extra so called safety devices from ABS, lane control, auto-braking/collision warning, smart cruise control, and probably a pile more I’ve not heard about is giving a false sense of security to drivers now, probably makes some of them ask “what could possibly go wrong ?”
The only one on that list I’ve got on my truck/trailer is ABS, makes me wonder now how I get from A to B and home safely every night.
All these new electronics, I think, are being tested by human’s for the lead up to driverless vehicles in the future.

Exactly mate…so it aint only me then, Thank Christ for that. :smiley:

Btw. Love your sig at bottom of post. :laughing:

robroy:

Evil8Beezle:
I thought you were down with the kids mate? :laughing:

:

I am mate …I’m sat here listening to Catfish and the Bottlemen, with my baseball cap on the wrong way round as I’m sat here replying to you. :sunglasses:

Sounds like you need a tilt sensor on the cap. Put it the right way round before you make yourself look like a ■■■ :laughing:

robroy:

xichrisxi:

robroy:

Evil8Beezle:
And this people is why we have tilt sensors! :smiley:

Tilt sensors?..Well they have definitely bypassed me bud. :neutral_face:.

We have tilt sensors on our new trailers,if you hit a bend or roundabout too fast it activates your trailer brakes to stop you tipping over.

Ffs, Call me old fashioned Chris, but I always thought that was the driver’s job. :unamused:
Just thinking how will driving standards ever improve if new drivers are relying on all this sort of stuff.
They spend say a year with a firm that has all this kind of tech bs, then they change jobs to a less say up to date firm, and roll the [zb] thing over on the first roundabout they come to. :unamused:

Maybe it’s just me and I’ve done this job to bloody long…Yeh, I must have, as I’m beginning to sound like Victor Meldrew to MYSELF never mind you lot. :blush: :smiley:

Suppose from a companies point of view it’s cheaper to have then fitted that teaching a young whipper snapper a lesson when he turn a wagon over :smiley:
Years ago one of our lads tipped one over on his first day out in his own after passing his test :open_mouth:

OVLOV JAY:

robroy:

Evil8Beezle:
I thought you were down with the kids mate? :laughing:

:

I am mate …I’m sat here listening to Catfish and the Bottlemen, with my baseball cap on the wrong way round as I’m sat here replying to you. :sunglasses:

Sounds like you need a tilt sensor on the cap. Put it the right way round before you make yourself look like a ■■■ :laughing:

:laughing:

And who TF are Catfish and the Bottlemen? :open_mouth:
Just looked em up, not bad! :sunglasses:

mac12:
So how are these fast drivers going to manage when we get a bad winter? There are some new drivers out there who will have never driven in snow for the last 10 years.

I imagine something like this, https://youtu.be/00-Id-mXtUM and apparently they are forecasting the worst winter in 50 years this year, god help us.

weeto:

mac12:
So how are these fast drivers going to manage when we get a bad winter? There are some new drivers out there who will have never driven in snow for the last 10 years.

I imagine something like this, https://youtu.be/00-Id-mXtUM and apparently they are forecasting the worst winter in 50 years this year, god help us.

Typical these days, rather than walk a couple of hundred yards down the road to try to warn oncoming drivers to slow down/ stop, much better to stay close and film it.

I’m assuming the forecast for the worst winter in 50 years is courtesy of the Express? It’s more likely pigs will fly tbh.

FTBlunder:
I’m assuming the forecast for the worst winter in 50 years is courtesy of the Express? It’s more likely pigs will fly tbh.

My teenage kid told me, apparently they know everything :smiling_imp: