polish drivers

I was ‘somewhere’ last week and I was watching a Bulgarian double-man crew reversing on their blind side. One bloke was driving, the other was watching his back. They kept swapping the driving and watching because neither of them in their combined opinions was doing it right. The bloke who was driving would get out of the cab and have a huge argument with the bloke who was watching. The bloke who was watching would start driving and the other would watch. Another huge argument would ensue and they’d swap over. This happened about half-a-dozen times, it was quite funny to watch!

Bob

do polish or foreign drivers have to do a CPC■■?

chris mc:

It’s an EU thing, so I would say yes, but you can bet their way of doing it will vary from ours (each gvt says how it’s going to be implemented - ours said the 35hrs ‘training’)

waynedl:

chris mc:

It’s an EU thing, so I would say yes, but you can bet their way of doing it will vary from ours (each gvt says how it’s going to be implemented - ours said the 35hrs ‘training’)

So what your saying is any EU gvt can say 5hrs for 5 years & thats it they are CPC trained. Fan-■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

scania king kev:
The Irish firm mentioned have around1/3 of their wagons as left hookers and to be honest they do Europe anyway!!

tin hat on here as im not clued up on this butsomeone please tell me how things around your parts as i know tesco etc here in ireland are crying out for drivers (albeit agency for the first twelve weeks!)

kev

Great so let the Poles do all the local/multi drop and supermarket distribution zb and keep all the international work for ourselves.But you’ll probably find that it’s only the Brits who are stupid enough to allow the Poles to do all the best work and we do all the zb.But I thought the Irish might have had more sense just like the Poles obviously have.But when we’ve aligned all of the developed European economies with the East European ones,by always going for the lowest cheapest common denominator,then there’ll be no difference or financial advantage in the Poles working here and sending their higher wages home anyway because we’ll all be earning the same and they’ve got more international operators based in Poland than here anyway.So does that mean that British/Irish drivers would have equal access to taking up jobs in Poland doing that type of work :question: :question: :unamused: Yeah right.

KW:
But,it has to be said that the standard of driving from these countries is atrocious,the Poles just seem to aim the thing at a parking area and wherever it stops,that’s where it’s going to stay for the night,no matter if he’s blocked the entrance,exit or other trucks.
The Romanians,well,they’ve come straight from driving a horse and cart on to a 40 tonner!

Yeah, as if the driving skills were related to nationality :unamused:

You, Britons, should sometimes get back to Earth and watch arround to see that you are no longer the nation of the Ãœbermensch you allegedly been in the past…

I live in this country five years and I dare to tell that the percentage of Idiots here is as big as in any other country… And just to show you that you aren’t unique: many Polish drivers have exactly mirrored opinion on Britons as you have of them :wink:

truckyboy:
For once i agree with all posts above…but…i must say that not all poles are bad drivers

Oh thank you very much :wink:

I can also say that not all Britons are bad drivers… :slight_smile:

chris mc:

We had CPC equivalent for long years before we joined European Union. It was called “Åšwiadectwo Kwalifikacji Zawodowej” And in my view the old version was much better and much more realistic that the crap we now getting from Brussels.

speyer-bus.ovh.org/image/doc … rajowe.jpg

This is a picture of one issued by Institute of Road Haulage in 2001. (click on link to see it, as it’s too big to paste here)

What are you trying to say orys, us brits are the crème de la crème of europe, infact without us brits there would be no europe :laughing:

johnny:
he also told me that as soon as the other 10 countries sign up to the eu then he and many other polish drivers will be heading our way for driving jobs as there will be nothing to stop them.
this will lead to a lot more accidents involving trucks, an increase in the number of readily available drivers could also lead to a halt in the financial rewards offered by transport companies to recruit drivers.
it will be a very big step back for us.

Are you sure about that? AFAIK only the Netherlands, UK & Irl were foolish enough to give free access to all the new EU countries, being allowed to work anywhere is not an automatic right once a country joins the EU, all the others existing EU countries bar these 3 have visa requirements in place before a citizen of the new EU country can work there, surely NL/UK/IRL wount be that stupid a 2nd time round

merc0447:
What are you trying to say orys, us brits are the crème de la crème of europe, infact without us brits there would be no europe :laughing:

Oh, yes, off course (let someone nod in agreement, I am going to call a doctor!) :grimacing:

merc0447:
without us brits there would be no europe :laughing:

FYI Europe is a continent, its kinda like saying its possible to get rid of Africa :unamused:

porsche:

merc0447:

FYI Europe is a continent, its kinda like saying its possible to get rid of Africa :unamused:

I was referring to the war numbnuts :grimacing:

merc0447:

porsche:

merc0447:

DO NOT MENTION ZEE WAR!!! :laughing:

merc0447:

They say that when internet discussion comes close to the Hitler, it’s time to quit…

porsche:
Are you sure about that? AFAIK only the Netherlands, UK & Irl were foolish enough to give free access to all the new EU countries, being allowed to work anywhere is not an automatic right once a country joins the EU, all the others existing EU countries bar these 3 have visa requirements in place before a citizen of the new EU country can work there, surely NL/UK/IRL wount be that stupid a 2nd time round

In fact, it was the UK, Eire and Sweden, although Poles (and other former eastern Bloc workers) will have access to work in the rest of Europe from mid-2011, and my prediction is than many will go to work in Germany where wages and working conditions are better, housing is better and cheaper, and they will be able to go home for weekends.

orys:

You, Britons, should sometimes get back to Earth and watch arround to see that you are no longer the nation of the Ãœbermensch you allegedly been in the past…

I live in this country five years and I dare to tell that the percentage of Idiots here is as big as in any other country… And just to show you that you aren’t unique: many Polish drivers have exactly mirrored opinion on Britons as you have of them :wink:

Actually we’ve had a similar discussion before, and driving skills can be somewhat tenously related to Nationality.
When UK was opened up to Polish labour market by your own admission the difference between a Polish guy coming here and getting a minimum wage job, or coming here and getting a salary three times as much, was a HGV licence. A lot of guys got a HGV licence specifically to come here with. I witnessed first hand many hapless antics from them, i’ve also witnessed similar hapless antics from myself and other UK drivers too!! But the relativley high numbers of new Polish drivers with no experience did stick out . As Polands economy has grown and its continues and grows to be a major exporter of goods to the rest of the EU the demands for more new drivers continues, and so we see large numbers of new Polish drivers.
They are just basically new inexperienced drivers, but because there is so many of them everywhere they stick out. So percentage wise i’m sure we have as many idiots here.Percentage wise we don’t have as many new,inexperienced drivers. There just isn’t the demand for new drivers here.

orys:

truckyboy:
For once i agree with all posts above…but…i must say that not all poles are bad drivers

Oh thank you very much :wink:

I can also say that not all Britons are bad drivers… :slight_smile:

orys, ignore the clowns, we have just as many :blush:

P.S. I love your ladies, they seem far more lady like IMHO, shame about some of the knuckle draggers who surround them like sheep dogs, when an English Man is about :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mike-C:

orys:

Actually we’ve had a similar discussion before, and driving skills can be somewhat tenously related to Nationality.
When UK was opened up to Polish labour market by your own admission the difference between a Polish guy coming here and getting a minimum wage job, or coming here and getting a salary three times as much, was a HGV licence. A lot of guys got a HGV licence specifically to come here with. I witnessed first hand many hapless antics from them, i’ve also witnessed similar hapless antics from myself and other UK drivers too!! But the relativley high numbers of new Polish drivers with no experience did stick out . As Polands economy has grown and its continues and grows to be a major exporter of goods to the rest of the EU the demands for more new drivers continues, and so we see large numbers of new Polish drivers.
They are just basically new inexperienced drivers, but because there is so many of them everywhere they stick out. So percentage wise i’m sure we have as many idiots here.Percentage wise we don’t have as many new,inexperienced drivers. There just isn’t the demand for new drivers here.

You are right here, but does their skills are related straight to nationality? No, the lack of skills are just a result of that they were beginners. I don’t think that Polish begginer is any different to UK beginners.

So it was just that there was numerous Polish beginners here, but it does not gives you right to swoop all the Polish drivers with the same brush.

orys:
You are right here, but does their skills are related straight to nationality? No, the lack of skills are just a result of that they were beginners. I don’t think that Polish begginer is any different to UK beginners.

So it was just that there was numerous Polish beginners here, but it does not gives you right to swoop all the Polish drivers with the same brush.

I’m not swooping anyone with any brush. I’m giving you a logical ,rational explanation for the idea that Poles are ‘bad drivers’. Thats the thing with figures, stats,anecdotal evidence you can view them how you wish. My own experience tells me that African HGV drivers in the UK are the best, i’ve never heard a bad word said about them :smiley: