Interesting story from Ireland

makes you wonder just how bad conditions are at these types of firms that turned their backs on Irish drivers :open_mouth:

irishtimes.com/news/social- … -1.3377871

they got 70 new trucks sitting in warsaw 6 month agopossibly they could go back and be based there,or he/they could just leave and get another of the plentiful jobs in ireland,or even england on the way home?
there a driver shortage dontcha know and its coming up to xmas.
if i was o`leary,id have done him for nicking the diesel.

I thought the same, aren’t Nolans and Breen in the same neck of the woods and love employing cheap labour?

Perhaps business is slack and this is a cheap way of getting rid of surplus staff.

The irony being that the Poles are complaining about the Romanians undercutting them, from an already low wage no sympathy the Poles trashed the wages in that part of the country and are now reaping what they have sown.
Hardly the sharpest tool in the box trying to set himself alight using diesel :confused:

The Garda said diesel wont ignite ■■? course it will using any material as a wick, just takes abit longer to get to screaming temperature …

What a ■■■■ brilliant idea to make your boss listen to your grievance.eh?
…torch yourself. :neutral_face:
Absolute brainless f/whits of the highest order. :unamused:
And these retards have been driving 44 tonne trucks…on the road?? :open_mouth:

must be common out there - here’s another one that appears he was given an ivico to drive.
kentonline.co.uk/ashford/ne … et-156926/

a bit OT, but you don’t here that much about Spontaneous Human Combustion these days, (see wikipedia), I reckon a lot of it gets hushed up. But apparently it can happen to anyone anywhere, you could just be sitting there watching the TV and WOOF thats you up in a puff of smoke. Something we should all be more aware of, may be ask the boss if you could have a fire extinguisher for the cab ? can’t be to careful
google.com/search?q=spontan … 34&bih=653

apparently there was a few cases in the US after the orange one got elected.
baconplant.com/rise-spontaneous- … -election/

Why didn’t the boss give him some petrol and ask him nicely to ■■■■ off somewhere else and do it… ooorrrr ■■■■ off back to where he came from if it’s that bad in Ireland.

peterm:
Why didn’t the boss give him some petrol and ask him nicely to [zb] off somewhere else and do it… ooorrrr ■■■■ off back to where he came from if it’s that bad in Ireland.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
theres masses of similar irish jobs so no need to moan,just leave and start with someone else.
as stated earlier,they bought 70 new trucks in krakov last feb,so no big deal to be moaning here,though id imagine working local in cabbage country would be £2 per hour instead of minimum wage here.

the dole money in eire is megabucks compared to the uk which in turn is megabucks compared to most of europe,hence why were swamped here,so if he had any brains,he would just work long enough for 6 month or so to be legal,then hop onto the gravy train whilst looking for another job elsewhere ( or not).
the 1 thing irelands got going for it is the irish sea and the distance to cross it.

dieseldog999:
the 1 thing irelands got going for it is the irish sea and the distance to cross it.

Obviously it’s not wide enough to stop them crossing it

maga:
I thought the same, aren’t Nolans and Breen in the same neck of the woods and love employing cheap labour?

Yup, the New Ross Triangle. Like the Bermuda Triangle only with less hope of survival

I’m surprised they didn’t dock the diesel from his pay.

I suspect there’d be nothing left in the wage packet for the wasted fuel, after they’ve docked the insurance excess

peirre:
I suspect there’d be nothing left in the wage packet for the wasted fuel, after they’ve docked the insurance excess

You’re right. In fact, there’d probably be a demand for payment letter in place of a wage slip.

peirre:

dieseldog999:

Obviously it’s not wide enough to stop them crossing it

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
fair play to the ones coming here and working.ive never any issues with them as its just what goes round comes round regarding brits working elsewhere years ago and the paddys swamping england in the 60s building the m1 and such,plus the goverment ee lets them work anywhere.
i was meaning the tsunami of axle huggers coming from calais and the like thats flooded the uk.its a much longer crossing and irelands just not so soft for them though theres a noticabe ammount now.
the eire giros make it worth the extra effort though compared to britains.

This is old news ,last February ,no one is been held prisoner plenty of other jobs about .