Police in action

About time they did something like this. IMO, it is the only way to cut down on things people do when driving that they shouldn’t be doing.

itv.com/news/2017-01-19/poli … g-a-shave/

Agreed. Good to see the police prosecuting the motorists that deserve it for once.

Easy pickings

I was driving home from a night shift once and passed my next door neighbour going the other way in her car and was cleaning her teeth whilst driving :open_mouth: I’ve also seen her getting in her car with a mug of tea in her hand too, I don’t know how much ever ended up in her lap .

With the exception of mobile phones the rest just seems like petty overexcitable/ hysterical stuff, done most myself (well except shaving).

In fact you’d be hard pushed to find me driving without drinking tea.

Bloody nanny state… :wink:

Course the plobbers will say they are saving lives, when all they are doing is fannying around in a truck making a drama out of everything.

If it’s just eating a butty etc I don’t see the problem, obviously candlelit dinners are a bit much though !

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I guess this would be ok? Could attached a phone too … :open_mouth: :smiley:

drinkhelmet.jpg

137 were caught using their mobile phones
Others were stopped for reading books or eating
One van driver was stopped on the M27 for eating cereal
A HGV driver was caught having a shave on the M4
25 motorists were caught speeding
Eight were pulled over for careless driving
Other drivers were found to have no insurance, no tax and insecure loads

Now, of all those stopped, only 8 were deemed to be “careless”…make of that what you will.

Conan the Librarian:

Now, of all those stopped, only 8 were deemed to be “careless”…make of that what you will.

Careless driving falls into all of the above categories but it is also a category within itself for example not shown above, overtaking on the inside;
driving inappropriately close to another vehicle, driving through a red light, emerging from a side road into the path of another vehicle etc.

Dipper_Dave:
With the exception of mobile phones the rest just seems like petty overexcitable/ hysterical stuff, done most myself (well except shaving).

Course the plobbers will say they are saving lives, when all they are doing is fannying around in a truck making a drama out of everything.

Couldn agree more

Me too

Dipper_Dave:

Spot on.

I see peeling the spuds and getting them to blanch ready for tea isnt included in that list so ill crack on then…

To right, at any given time I’m doing something I shouldn’t behind the wheel and looking around for a dodgy solo Daf is just an added distraction.

AndrewG:

Dipper_Dave:

Spot on.

I see peeling the spuds and getting them to blanch ready for tea isnt included in that list so ill crack on then…

No you’ re fine mate keep on preparing dinner just stop to eat it because that seems to be dangerous :laughing:

Also nothing mentioned about giving oneself a douche so all’s good.

DaveTheMinion:

Conan the Librarian:

Careless driving falls into all of the above categories but it is also a category within itself for example not shown above, overtaking on the inside;
driving inappropriately close to another vehicle, driving through a red light, emerging from a side road into the path of another vehicle etc.

True, BUT why list the other offences, it’s only another 8 people after all.

It’s be better if the Police practiced what they are trying to preach. I often see them parked on double yellows, right on a junction and using mobiles when they’re driving (not their radio’s)… I mentioned it once to some coppers at the bottom of my road who were parked right on top of the junction as they were coming out of the cafe after some munchies… ‘Nothing to do with you pal, Police Business’ … hmm

Police inaction would probably be a better title.

I’m not arsed what anyone else does. As long as they don’t run into me I’m more than happy for them to add a few numbers to their driving licence. :slight_smile:

DaveTheMinion:

Conan the Librarian:

Hi just a quick note it not illegal to over/under take on the inside, its how you execute the manoeuvre ( with caution ! )