Bloody good on them

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/4785686.stm

Who was it said speed camera’s dont catch other forms of bad driving? :slight_smile:

Well, seeing as the ban this (zb) had already received for drink-driving had no effect, IMO there was a case for issuing a jail sentence :angry:

You see women doing it at traffic lights, but this really is too much! :unamused:

She was Blonde…

'nuff said :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

tin hat on!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Try travelling down the great south west road from Heathrow in towards the city in a morning, they would have a field day, people

Shaving (and the women :confused: )
Reading Newspaper
Putting make up on (and the men :confused:)
Having toast and coffee
getting dressed
On the phone
Using the Laptop

Need I go on? :unamused:

Having toast and coffee

trying to imagine a Mondeo with an inverter running a toaster and kettle :laughing:

she was banned last week■■? well doesnt that say something surely the courts could have extended her ban just like when they sentence someone to jail for a crime and the end up back in court on another charge they add that onto the original sentence so why not add this onto her current ban and extend it

CM:
Try travelling down the great south west road from Heathrow in towards the city in a morning, they would have a field day, people

Shaving (and the women :confused: )
Reading Newspaper
Putting make up on (and the men :confused:)
Having toast and coffee
getting dressed
On the phone
Using the Laptop

Need I go on? :unamused:

And then there is those who are indulging in… how can I put this so as not to be edited … a little self loving. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :smiley:

CM should you be doing all that while in public

Let he (or she!) without sin cast the first stone. Nobody here ever drove whilst looking at their notes for an address or whilst holding a map?

Mike-C:
Let he (or she!) without sin cast the first stone. Nobody here ever drove whilst looking at their notes for an address or whilst holding a map?

I’m glad you said that Mike i thought i was the only one who had put their eye liner on in the lorry when driving for a minute… :laughing: :laughing:

Used the mobile, eat chips, tea out the flask etc :blush:

Makes you wonder about vans taking photo’s when your below speed limit?
Thought they were automatic tripped by speed, need to pull over next time just in case big brothers watching.

Don’t suppose I should make fun of such a serious issue as this, but as said earlier we are all guilty of something (are we?)

Mike-C:

Not usually, no. I normally get lost first then pull over and start looking at maps. :blush: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the vans rather than static cameras, work by way of a video camera, then the guy sits in the back watching the screen, it beeps at him and displays the speed when one breaks the limit, where he pushes a button to log it.

More common than make up has to be people trying to light a ■■■ whilst driving. even making a roll up while they’re moving! Hence many insurers ask if you’re a smoker :wink:

I’ve glanced across at the address i;m going to even glanced at the map, but never picked it up to read the thing. If i ever need to more than glance i’ll pull over and stop.

I hate it when you’re driving and someone rings you, if it’s more than “where are you” “how long you gona be” etc i tell them i’ll ring them back. And if i’m not on handsfree i just dont bother to answer it, been moaned at a couple of times over the years for that. I’ve just shrugged my shoulders and said tough :laughing:

■■■■ thrown out the window!

That should be instant disqualification. Had one come in my window and nearly got me in the eye, disappeared down into the seat and caused a right panic.

Trouble is when the air hits them they glow like minature torchs and I was’nt to close before anyone asks :slight_smile:

Lucy:

Mike-C:

Not usually, no. I normally get lost first then pull over and start looking at maps. :blush: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Typical woman why dont you just stop and ask for directions like us blokes do… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tin hat on and running!!!..

dennis1 Wrote

the vans rather than static cameras, work by way of a video camera, then the guy sits in the back watching the screen, it beeps at him and displays the speed when one breaks the limit, where he pushes a button to log it.

The way the vans are Supposed to work is. Police Officer observes the traffic watching for speeders and forms an opinion the said vehicle is speeding (The Police Officers opinion is the primary evidence).

He/She then uses the equipment to corroborate the opinion (Secondary evidence)

The video is only supposed to be the officer’s electronic notebook. This way the video does not need be produced as evidence.

The practice of targeting every vehicle in a fishing expedition is supposed to be forbidden in the ACPO guidelines :laughing:

Although in this case I am all for it. Long my she be a pedestrian.

As you know i was being light hearted tounge in cheek with my previous post but the frightening thing is this: the camera operators are supposed to monitor the traffic and target drivers they think are going to fast and not just record everybody willy nilly. The lady was doing 32 in a 40 limit? I know what she was doing was wrong but how did they get to film her when she was (at first glance) doing nothing wrong? Instead of a little speed camera warning sign at the side of the road they should have “cctv is watching you” signs up at the side of the road. You may laugh but i can see the day when you will be prosecuted for scratching your balls when driving!!

Well OK, not the women drivers !!!

Mike-C:
As you know i was being light hearted tounge in cheek with my previous post but the frightening thing is this: the camera operators are supposed to monitor the traffic and target drivers they think are going to fast and not just record everybody willy nilly. The lady was doing 32 in a 40 limit? I know what she was doing was wrong but how did they get to film her when she was (at first glance) doing nothing wrong? Instead of a little speed camera warning sign at the side of the road they should have “cctv is watching you” signs up at the side of the road. You may laugh but i can see the day when you will be prosecuted for scratching your balls when driving!!

If we knew every camera that watched our every move we would be very very shocked, you cant put your make up on in your car or you will be caught on video but bomb a tube station or 2, rob a cash warehouse or stick a knife in someone and they probably wont catch it on camera.