Mobile phones

Hi all,
Could you all do me a favour please and stop looking at your blooming mobile phones and actually look at the road and do the job you are paid to do?
I’ll be taken home in a bag one day just doing my job but because of one of you richard heads need to text your mate or bird takes your mind off driving a 44 ton lorry?
3 times last night, 1 was watching a DVD, 2nd was on his mobile texting and the 3rd was 2 elephant racing up Corley hill and decided my lane was ok to use even though I was in it!
You are not lorry drivers.

Well said. And to all the car drivers as well.
I find car drivers are mostly women who use there phones.

Just a thought here
It is £60 and 3 points. We all know every one does it. Yet the police won’t stop /enforce it due to cuts in number of officers budget restrictions.

Surely make sense take.on more have them mainley deal with phone use.

All they need is to stop 2 people a day that’s there wages sorted. Anything else is money towards the police force. Thus resulting in more officers on the street and less knife crime .

Or is that just to sensible an idea

edd1974:

It’s sound in theory but also very simplistic and naive.

It’s 6 points and £200 for using a handheld device.

The actual cost of a police officer is around £36 per hour (although they are paid on average around £12 per hour).

They are relying on tech such as this to implement cost effective mass prosecution google.co.uk/amp/s/inews.co … 1000m/amp/

And good luck to them. Judging by the number of people who clearly don’t give a ■■■■, it could be a generation or two until the actual message of safety gets across, as with seat belts and drink driving

edd1974:
Well said. And to all the car drivers as well.
I find car drivers are mostly women who use there phones.

Just a thought here
It is £60 and 3 points. We all know every one does it. Yet the police won’t stop /enforce it due to cuts in number of officers budget restrictions.

Surely make sense take.on more have them mainley deal with phone use.

All they need is to stop 2 people a day that’s there wages sorted. Anything else is money towards the police force. Thus resulting in more officers on the street and less knife crime .

Keep up at the back - for the last 18 month it has been 6 points and £200 Fixed penalty. plus and a very big PLUS, Traffic Commisioners are also suspending the HGV part of the licence for a few weeks (not sure how often that happens?) , so that is loss of wages, may be loose your good run and good truck to another driver, then you have a disqualification and 6 points to declare on your private car insurance which might add many many hundreds on for years to come.
If you are caught now (which is highly unlikely) the overall costs could be immense.

Perhaps you should mind your own business. And focus on the road and give it all your attention rather than looking at what other drivers are doing. It might prolong your life which you seem so worried about.

I don’t text and drive. But if I don’t like a stunt another driver is pulling - I get out of their way and keep clear from them.

No police to enforce it and the majority of folk are simply too addicted and/or selfish to give a flying one about anyone else.

Enjoy your truck driving fellow professionals/people who should have listened at school. (Well, I say driving but I meant attending).

Could be wrong here again lol.
But sure I heard some police force possibly Wales. Has set up some website where the public.can send in phone dash cam footage of people using there mobiles. Then they use that as evidence to prosecute

edd1974:
Could be wrong here again lol.
But sure I heard some police force possibly Wales. Has set up some website where the public.can send in phone dash cam footage of people using there mobiles. Then they use that as evidence to prosecute

Yes this is it :-

gosafesnap.wales/

Has any one here used it or even been caught via it?

if you stop & watch traffic for 10 minutes. I can guarantee every 3rd or 4th motorist has got a phone at their ear.
I personally wont lift my phone when driving but it is going to take generations to change this. Like every other law in the country it isnt being enforced so no one gives a ■■■■. Mind thy self & Im alright Jack attitude is cancerous

If mobile phones disappeared productivity would rocket up overnight
I despise the things

SHYTOT:
If mobile phones disappeared productivity would rocket up overnight
I despise the things

I love them.

More information than I could ever use, right at my fingertips whenever I want it.

You can also watch boobie videos on them.

I struggle at times to use my phone sitting down on the couch (f***** fingerprint id) When driving the phone goes into a cubby hole somewhere , got bluetooth so if its a call I can answer , if not it can wait ■■■■ em.

andyvxr:
I struggle at times to use my phone sitting down on the couch (f***** fingerprint id) When driving the phone goes into a cubby hole somewhere , got bluetooth so if its a call I can answer , if not it can wait [zb] em.

Aye…no excuse for using it nowadays. Thats why I like driving…don`t need to communicate with anyone 99% of the time :unamused:

What gets on my nerves. .
I go some places have an issue/problem no one can make a decision anymore.

Was at building site Liverpool last week. Without word of a lie had 3 so called supervisors all round my wagon on there phones to God knows who . Trying to work out how to offload me as the flt was broke. .
I had 200 6 m lengths of skirting board that was all

I said handball it off. Took 3 supervisors walking round my wagon about 20 phone calls sending taking pics of my load. and half an hour wasted .to come up with the idea to handball the stuff off.

They had 2.options refuse it as flt was broke rebook it another day. Or hand ball.it off.
No one can make a descion anymore

[quote=“edd1974”
No one can make a descion anymore[/quote]
100% agree with this. nay baws

Wait till they lose a friend or family member due to some selfish prick being on there phone at the wheel then they might change there tune.

No excuse. None

see it all day long car and truck drivers even in slow moving traffic even shout out one car driver who was on a tablet while stuck on slow traffic up brighouse.even 2 car drivers had a go at him soon put it on back seat.mine sits in a cradle on bluetooth all day to answer calls thats it.if i need maps i goes on before i start driving.

I’m not condoning using phones at the wheel, nor condoning breaking the law, before anybody starts getting “pure fewmin” here, but not very many years ago, every second truck driver in the country drove around with a Nokia held to their ear. I don’t know anybody that crashed or caused a crash by doing so.

The moral outrage over this subject is, I think, synthetic for the most part. With most things nowadays, from companies falling over themselves to show how seriously they take safety, to widening roads on the cheap and calling it smart, it’s just words and image.

Blanket 20MPH limits, stupid cycle-paths taking up half of London, “green” lorries, 360 hi-viz, that stupid pictogram thing, “the pledge” (I thought The Pioneers went out long ago), taking keys from drivers, arse-hole signs in roadworks saying “my mummy tries to look busy here” erc etc etc.

What, though, has really changed? Nothing, except the population. This has increased massively, and with it has the need to control people. That’s all any of this ■■■■ is ever about. Control, by people who feel the need to meddle in other people’s lives, because they can’t leave well enough alone.

We all knew people like it in school, as the infamous saying goes: they haven’t gone away, you know.