Mobile phones

sammym:
Perhaps you should mind your own business. And focus on the road and give it all your attention rather than looking at what other drivers are doing. It might prolong your life which you seem so worried about.

Have you had second thoughts on that statement :question: - if not then it might be a good idea to do so because a good driver will notice all the numpties around them

Drempels:
I’m not condoning using phones at the wheel, nor condoning breaking the law, before anybody starts getting “pure fewmin” here, but not very many years ago, every second truck driver in the country drove around with a Nokia held to their ear. I don’t know anybody that crashed or caused a crash by doing so.

The moral outrage over this subject is, I think, synthetic for the most part. With most things nowadays, from companies falling over themselves to show how seriously they take safety, to widening roads on the cheap and calling it smart, it’s just words and image.

Blanket 20MPH limits, stupid cycle-paths taking up half of London, “green” lorries, 360 hi-viz, that stupid pictogram thing, “the pledge” (I thought The Pioneers went out long ago), taking keys from drivers, arse-hole signs in roadworks saying “my mummy tries to look busy here” erc etc etc.

What, though, has really changed? Nothing, except the population. This has increased massively, and with it has the need to control people. That’s all any of this [zb] is ever about. Control, by people who feel the need to meddle in other people’s lives, because they can’t leave well enough alone.

We all knew people like it in school, as the infamous saying goes: they haven’t gone away, you know.

This.

+1 to ROG and Drempels

sammym:
Perhaps you should mind your own business. And focus on the road and give it all your attention rather than looking at what other drivers are doing. It might prolong your life which you seem so worried about.

I don’t text and drive. But if I don’t like a stunt another driver is pulling - I get out of their way and keep clear from them.

You didn’t understand me, I was out of their way. Thank you though!

streaky:

sammym:

I don’t text and drive. But if I don’t like a stunt another driver is pulling - I get out of their way and keep clear from them.

You didn’t understand me, I was out of their way. Thank you though!

Sammy, I was nearly driven off the road, do you not understand that?
Not my business? Jesus mate come on!

streaky:
Hi all,
Could you all do me a favour please and stop looking at your blooming mobile phones and actually look at the road and do the job you are paid to do?
I’ll be taken home in a bag one day just doing my job but because of one of you richard heads need to text your mate or bird takes your mind off driving a 44 ton lorry?
3 times last night, 1 was watching a DVD, 2nd was on his mobile texting and the 3rd was 2 elephant racing up Corley hill and decided my lane was ok to use even though I was in it!
You are not lorry drivers.

They are lorry drivers, crap lorry drivers but lorry drivers all the same :wink:

Drempels:
I’m not condoning using phones at the wheel, nor condoning breaking the law, before anybody starts getting “pure fewmin” here, but not very many years ago, every second truck driver in the country drove around with a Nokia held to their ear. I don’t know anybody that crashed or caused a crash by doing so.

The moral outrage over this subject is, I think, synthetic for the most part. With most things nowadays, from companies falling over themselves to show how seriously they take safety, to widening roads on the cheap and calling it smart, it’s just words and image.

Blanket 20MPH limits, stupid cycle-paths taking up half of London, “green” lorries, 360 hi-viz, that stupid pictogram thing, “the pledge” (I thought The Pioneers went out long ago), taking keys from drivers, arse-hole signs in roadworks saying “my mummy tries to look busy here” erc etc etc.

What, though, has really changed? Nothing, except the population. This has increased massively, and with it has the need to control people. That’s all any of this [zb] is ever about. Control, by people who feel the need to meddle in other people’s lives, because they can’t leave well enough alone.

We all knew people like it in school, as the infamous saying goes: they haven’t gone away, you know.

Can’t really disagree.

Synthetic moral outrage, I shall be taking that.

Can you use small paragraphs please, that was a bugger to read in the roadworks on the M1

OVLOV JAY:
Can you use small paragraphs please, that was a bugger to read in the roadworks on the M1

Sorry mate, I was blindsiding 26 pallets of kittens into a school playground whilst writing it, I did tell the safety crossing enablement facilitator what would happen if their hi-viz wasn’t fastened 360, but they just started calling me a fascist for using the wrong pronoun.

Want to apologise to xim/xer for the bruised toes.

ROG:

sammym:

Have you had second thoughts on that statement :question: - if not then it might be a good idea to do so because a good driver will notice all the numpties around them

Cheers ROG, you never let me down mate. I do wonder about some drivers though. Good health to you my friend.
Merry Christmas to you as I’m staying off here for a while now.