Another mobile phone crackdown

Warks police this…

Time. Some interesting footage in there too.

msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/p … d=msedgntp

msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/rec … d=msedgntp

It’s about time they really cracked down on these idiots who have a total disregard for others safety. Far harsher penalties required. IE Massive fine and a ban from driving for at least a year. Caught a second time, massive fine and banned for life. Get these morons off the roads ASAP.

Just a normal day,we all see it all of the time unfortunately

Indeed. Overtook one of Tuffnells finest night trunkers last night near Carlisle watching a film on his mobile/tablet stuck to the top of his dash in front of the steering wheel. Ended up behind one of Wren’s finest night trunkers doing the same over the A66 doing 40 MPH and still random braking on the straight bits but he thought he was clever perching it in front of the speedo except the glow of the light of the phone gives the game away. Usually when you find a wagon driving particularly slowly with random braking, basically driving like you’d expect a drunk to do, or stopped at lights when they’ve changed green for a while often they’re watching Netflix/Youtube or browsing Facebook.

It’s a regular sight on nights, got sick of phoning them in even though usually at some point in the next 10 miles there’s a copper waiting for them. To be fair if you ring them in on a night time the police will generally do a stop, especially on major roads/motorway. They often sit alongside the lorry for a mile or two right next to the drivers door watching the glow of the phone on their faces. These drivers are so oblivious to what’s going on they fail to miss a fully marked up BMW X5 sat alongside them with a copper in the passenger seat staring up. But according to many drivers on social media there’s nothing wrong with it and they’re fully aware of what’s going on. Maybe they are once the lane change warning or automatic emergency braking kicks in…

Support this 100%.

jakethesnake:
It’s about time they really cracked down on these idiots who have a total disregard for others safety. Far harsher penalties required. IE Massive fine and a ban from driving for at least a year. Caught a second time, massive fine and banned for life. Get these morons off the roads ASAP.

Bad driving thread and the snakes all over it again. Remind us who did you spend your illustrious career on the road with

Conor:
It’s a regular sight on nights, got sick of phoning them in even though usually at some point in the next 10 miles there’s a copper waiting for them. To be fair if you ring them in on a night time the police will generally do a stop, especially on major roads/motorway.

Snitches get stitches. :wink:

With all the methods of hands free on the market, I can’t see why anybody would make a call holding a phone these days anyway tbh. :unamused:

As for watching videos,.that’s a whole different ball game,.and if those doing it are using all the electronic self braking and lane change warning dog ■■■■ to their advantage as Conor says,.then it serves em right for putting all that crap on. :smiley:

Whether I’d take it on myself to act as some kind of ‘‘Robocoptrucker road marshall’’ and ‘‘ring them in’’ is another story. :unamused:
I’ve got an agreement with our cop station,…They don’t apply for my job,.and I won’t try and do theirs. :bulb:

I agree with JTS. It should be an immediate ban and huge fine. Stop poncing about with these ■■■■■■■■■ and give it to 'em.