Thanks motorway police for keeping the roads safe

Esp in covid times

They should take these crisp eating coffee drinking maniac scum off the roads…
Anybody heard if they’re also winning the war against truck crime, the numerous continuous overnight fuel and load thefts?
Just wondering. :neutral_face:

robroy:
They should take these crisp eating coffee drinking maniac scum off the roads…
Anybody heard if they’re also winning the war against truck crime, the numerous continuous overnight fuel and load thefts?
Just wondering. :neutral_face:

+1 You would have thought they have something better to do than that, better watch out next time I pick my nose :unamused:

Risk v reward! Far easier to go for low hanging fruit than for example visit one of the many caravan communities that proliferate the area that are full of illegal and unroadworthy vehicles that will arguably cause more future carnage than this lunatic crisp eater.

Just to add: if the crisps were prawn cocktail then he deserves life imprisonment IMO.

Reminds when I was working for a major supermarket chain about 15 years ago, they received a fine through the post from Lincolnshire council because a off duty policeman supposed to see me throw a crisp packet out the window. Biggest problem with that I didn’t eat crisps. I refused to pay and wrote to the council I don’t eat crisps so what is your proof? The letter I got back said the policeman saw the crisp packet blown up between the wheels of the trailer so I must have thrown the packet out :open_mouth: The fine was dropped.

Well done those boys and girls in blue. A grateful nation prostrates itself at your dedication to keeping the rest of us safe from these insane, homicidal juggernaut pilots.

Just a thought.
I wonder, when they inevitably catch an onanist enjoying a relaxing J. Arthur Rank whilst cruising along, what the charge will be?
Anyone for "Lewd and libidinous behaviour " perhaps, with "Insecure load"as an additional hazard.

I notice there is no cure for cancer yet.
Why are doctors wasting time on broken legs, bad backs, etc?

Aaaaaaaand BOOM!!! ^^^ just to be contrarian up pops Franglais. Seriously mate you don’t have to Devils advocate on every single bleeding thing in the world you know.

the maoster:
Aaaaaaaand BOOM!!! ^^^ just to be contrarian up pops Franglais. Seriously mate you don’t have to Devils advocate on every single bleeding thing in the world you know.

The driver is clearly a Brexiteer, that’s why.

the maoster:

I’m not contrary.

[emoji3]

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

When the full facts are presented… :wink:

DJ_Trucker:

Yep. Coppers don’t go looking for people doing this they tend to bring attention of the police all on their own.

On nights its much easier to see if someone is staring at their mobile or a tablet when they’re weaving down the road and it’s frightening the number who are and more frightening is they seem to think it’s normal to drive along going over the rumble strip as they weave in and out of the hard shoulder. I suspect many on here who don’t want in cab cameras tend to like to watch a bit of Netflix or Youtube or browse Facebook/Instagram as they drive around.

DJ_Trucker:

Eat your crisps properly and the filth won’t bother you, is that the moral of the story ?

Conor:

DJ_Trucker:

Yep. Coppers don’t go looking for people doing this they tend to bring attention of the police all on their own.

On nights its much easier to see if someone is staring at their mobile or a tablet when they’re weaving down the road and it’s frightening the number who are and more frightening is they seem to think it’s normal to drive along going over the rumble strip as they weave in and out of the hard shoulder. I suspect many on here who don’t want in cab cameras tend to like to watch a bit of Netflix or Youtube or browse Facebook/Instagram as they drive around.

Ah the resident spy has spoken
Don’t you mean tossing it off to a ■■■■■■■■■ bird !!

robthedog:

DJ_Trucker:

Eat your crisps properly and the filth won’t bother you, is that the moral of the story ?

Don’t weave from lane to lane in front of the police ?

Derbyshire police are pushing for a15% increase in council tax , so they obviously aren’t catching enough of those terrible , lethal crisp eating truckers . Must try harder chaps , we can’t afford the rise . It doesn’t matter that we hardly see a plod in Buxton and they don’t like to arrest anyone as they have to take them to Chesterfield where the nearest magistrates court is .

DJ_Trucker:

What do you expect them to say ffs ? :unamused: …‘‘We were looking for easy targets today, couldn’t be arsed to put ourselves out’’ ?
Of course they are going to justify it. :bulb:
After saying that, IF It is an accurate account, if that bloke can’t manage to eat a bag of crisps without using both hands,.and/or ‘‘Weave from lane to lane’’ he deserves to get nicked. :unamused:

Love Conor’s theory btw that just because you have enough respect for yourself not to want to be constantly surveyed whilst driving, you must be watching Netflix, or some other illegal and ■■■■ stupid activity. :unamused: :laughing:
I would say the majority don’t want one for the reason I point out, but there are f/whits in any walk of life.

robroy:

DJ_Trucker:

What do you expect them to say ffs ? :unamused: …‘‘We were looking for easy targets today, couldn’t be arsed to put ourselves out’’ ?
Of course they are going to justify it. :bulb:
After saying that, IF It is an accurate account, if that bloke can’t manage to eat a bag of crisps without using both hands,.and/or ‘‘Weave from lane to lane’’ he deserves to get nicked. :unamused:

Would the police really ticket a driver for eating a bag of crisps while driving if they weren’t weaving about ?

I completely agree with your second point !

You’re not a real professional if you can’t pour yourself a drink from the flask while lighting up a cig and skipping the ads on youtube at the same time without triggering the lane departure system.