photographers

Untitled by Luke Vernon, on Flickr

http://www.lorry-driver.com for more pics!

I’ve got the better quality one on laptop, I’ll just have to upload it to Flickr. Saved this one off website. Took me ages to get this shot. I use an Olympus PEN EP1. Gave up the full size slr, just too bulky, and got the lovely four thirds jobby.

gtilee:
I travel all over the country taking photos from Bridges and laybys as well as visiting depots. My main interest is in trucks that transport fish like D Steven, O’tooles… Last year i visited Kinlochbervie, Argyll, Scrabster, Peterhead, Aberdeen, Fraserburgh, Grimsby, Boulogne
Usual haunts are…
M1 at Toddington
A14 Hemmingford abbots
M6 Lymm, Cannock
A34 near M40
M40 Cherwell

I have over 45,000 photos that I have taken now.
I use a Canon EOS 450d With a Canon 70-300is Lens

I am currently in the process of making my own website but have uploaded a few photos to Flickr recently just so people can see some of my work. flickr.com/photos/58596909@N05/
Lee

my regular haunts were on the A34 during rush hour near to the Islip or N hinksey bridges, do try to go to Cherwell servs when time permits but commuting the other way on evening/night work.
usually drive through Ox servs but never really a lot visit there now.

i just use a old canon powershot A460 5.0 mega pixels :blush: :blush: :blush: put to shame by those above but good enough for what i want it for lol
Heres a couple that i took this morning

jonnytruckfest:
Those shots look the mutts nutts! I want to get an SLR camera but a bit expensive and money is something I am short of at the moment but, it is something I am saving to get!

I’ve already done some stupid things to get that ‘shot’ One of them was hanging out of my bedroom window getting a landscape picture, :open_mouth:
I’ll soon get a picture of my project when it is complete. Just need to get an interior shot of a truck to create the joiner and then It’ll be 90% complete! :grimacing:

these were taken with a 75 quid coolpic

bit of a amatuer photographer myself, recently tried a bit of bridge shooting for trucks but my lens is far too wide and short, will invest in some bigger kit when im working

garrysphotos.fotopic.net/

Thier called ‘spinners’ on the buses.
When I started a new route last year, we had loads out taking piccies, and, I must admit, I have talked to a few and they are nice chaps.
I let one sit in the drivers seat of a new bus and he nearly wet himself with excitement!! :smiley:

jonnytruckfest:
Those shots look the mutts nutts! I want to get an SLR camera but a bit expensive and money is something I am short of at the moment but, it is something I am saving to get!

you dont need a DSLR to take good photos though, these were taken using a Sony Cyber shot.

one of mine when down landan town

When i’m snapping trucks i try and stick to the more interesting stuff, there’s only so many Tesco Axors you can photograph :frowning: I also try and get just the truck in shot, not easy on a busy road.

And a few from my travels to NYC a couple of years ago

I don’t go for the arty ■■■■■ stuff, i prefer a decent natural subject.

One thing with cameras is that most people think a high MP rating is the best but it depends on the quality of the lens. I bought a Fuji point and shoot last year, 12MP or similar but if you try and zoom in on the pic on the PC you can see the pixilation straight away, compared with an old Olympus 6mp i bought over 5 years ago which gives almost as good a pic as my SLR

merc0447:
I remember having a 45 in dundee truckstop a couple of years ago and one of these characters was going down the line taking pictures of everyone’s truck, he gets to my old gal and snubs his nose up and goes onto the next lorry.
Cheeky git! :smiling_imp: :laughing:

I bet if you were having a 69 he would of got his video out :laughing: .
There are some great photos on this thread so keep sending them in :smiley: .
If you ask any of the lads on the Old Time Drivers forum then I bet that they are all sorry that they didn’t take enough photos over thirty years ago. Who knows in thirty years time somebody might recall seeing or driving one of the trucks in your photos.

Regards Steve.

About 5 to 6 weeks ago i saw 2 asian males taking photo’s of the truckstop at the junction of the A14 and A1 :open_mouth: were they truck enthusiasts :question: i think not :exclamation:

My DSLR is the same one I had 6 years ago! 5 megapixel Konica Minolta 5D. Can’t afford an upgrade just yet but there are some excellent contributions in this thread!

Saratoga:
My DSLR is the same one I had 6 years ago! 5 megapixel Konica Minolta 5D. Can’t afford an upgrade just yet but there are some excellent contributions in this thread!

I’ll make sure to contribute somemore this weekend, Going down to the yard again with my dad, and they have some hire motors in. So will be able to get some shots of them. Hopefully I’ll be making it to the truckfest in scotland this year so i’ll get some pictures there. :wink:

I like prestons of potto’s livery but it gets boring keep taking pictures of it. Like a broken record getting pictures. But then again, it’s probably like them stobart fans. Except I have a life outside trucks :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I took this on my iPhone whilst waiting to be loaded…

IMG_0107.JPG

I bought an idiot proof Panasonic DMC - TZ3 point and shoot, it does everything I ask and have had some good results.

Made for idiots, once I learn to stop chopping heads off and letting people getting in the way :stuck_out_tongue:

mushroomman:

merc0447:
I remember having a 45 in dundee truckstop a couple of years ago and one of these characters was going down the line taking pictures of everyone’s truck, he gets to my old gal and snubs his nose up and goes onto the next lorry.
Cheeky git! :smiling_imp: :laughing:

I bet if you were having a 69 he would of got his video out :laughing: .
There are some great photos on this thread so keep sending them in :smiley: .
If you ask any of the lads on the Old Time Drivers forum then I bet that they are all sorry that they didn’t take enough photos over thirty years ago. Who knows in thirty years time somebody might recall seeing or driving one of the trucks in your photos.

Regards Steve.

I’m glad I took this pic of this one when I was driving :laughing: