Truckspotters?

I recall mention of this topic on previous posts but on 3 occasions during last week at different locations I have had my truck photographed by some gadjie at the side of the road. Is there a body of enthusiasts out there who spot trucks, or is it me that’s the celebrity here?

It’s VOSA. :wink:

It’s just you :slight_smile:

Whats the point of this topic? Some folk like to take truck photo’s whoppie doooo, get over it. :unamused:

ObviousRichy:
I recall mention of this topic on previous posts but on 3 occasions during last week at different locations I have had my truck photographed by some gadjie at the side of the road. Is there a body of enthusiasts out there who spot trucks, or is it me that’s the celebrity here?

Do you have a nice lorry than if people are taking pictures of it

ObviousRichy:
… I have had my truck photographed by some gadjie at the side of the road.

Is there a body of enthusiasts out there who spot trucks, or is it me that’s the celebrity here?

Don’t worry - I’m just getting you in focus in case you crash.

ajt:
Whats the point of this topic?

Hijack Alibi !!! :open_mouth:

ObviousRichy obviously does’ny read many truck magazines if he did he would realise that truck photography is quite a big hobby. Eddie.

It is sure there’s alot of people on here does it I’m not a truck spotter but if I see a nice lorry I would take a picture of it if I can

irish lorries:
It is sure there’s alot of people on here does it I’m not a truck spotter but if I see a nice lorry I would take a picture of it if I can

I used to be like that with women, I just got fed up of the black eyes :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Drift:

irish lorries:

I used to be like that with women, I just got fed up of the black eyes :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Put it this ways Guys, since the demise of the faithful old Steam Locomotive on our now screwed up Railway Network, could it not be that a lot of these Folks have turned from Railway Photography, to Photographing you Guys & Gals in your Lorries.
O K, I acknowledge a Lorry, is a Lorry, and, as you all know, there are very many different makes and models out there.
Is it therefore, not possible that, these People are photographing them for their different Liveries/Paint jobs etc?
As an old Train Spotter myself ( GWR just had to be, being Plymouth born & bred ) from way way back, there were so many different classes of Locomotive designs, and every region had their own Locomotive designer, whereby, lending character to the Locomotives, and as such a far wider subject matter for Photography.
In finishing, I must add, that as a retired driver of Buses/ Coaches and the occasional Lorry, had I been given the opportunity, I, for one ,would have opted to have Fired/Driven a Steam Locomotive

Kev, I see your in Southport, what bus company did you drive for (ex bus driver myself :wink: )

Dieseldoforme:

ObviousRichy:
… I have had my truck photographed by some gadjie at the side of the road.

Is there a body of enthusiasts out there who spot trucks, or is it me that’s the celebrity here?

Don’t worry - I’m just getting you in focus in case you crash.

:wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I mind sitting in Dundee truckstop on a break, and there was a big row of trucks. This guy proceeded to go down and take a picture of every single one of them and missed me out! Kick in the baws so it was :laughing:

merc0447:
I mind sitting in Dundee truckstop on a break, and there was a big row of trucks. This guy proceeded to go down and take a picture of every single one of them and missed me out! Kick in the baws so it was :laughing:

Funny he did that to mine too lojtj

What are yous boys driving that this man with the camera don’t like

It might come as a surprise to those who just see trucks as objects for getting goods from A to B but they do have a strong following. Like cars people are interested in them.

The forum has two sections with photos past and present. The internet is awash with sites and pages dedicated to truck photo’s. Its not something which is strange or alien. Only those who are interested in trucks could understand it.

Personally find it more strange those who have no interest in trucks yet drive trucks for a living. :confused:

Pretty sure when you old guys look back at your work history and happen to stumble across photos of the trucks you drove in action you might even be grateful to these people for unwittingly archiving some of your past.

ajt:
It might come as a surprise to those who just see trucks as objects for getting goods from A to B but they do have a strong following. Like cars people are interested in them.

The forum has two sections with photos past and present. The internet is awash with sites and pages dedicated to truck photo’s. Its not something which is strange or alien. Only those who are interested in trucks could understand it.

Personally find it more strange those who have no interest in trucks yet drive trucks for a living. :confused:

Pretty sure when you old guys look back at your work history and happen to stumble across photos of the trucks you drove in action you might even be grateful to these people for unwittingly archiving some of your past.

Agree with everything you said everyone has there own interests weather it’s lorries cars bikes tractors

I covered many miles in these two. That was getting on for 40 years ago. I never bothered to take any photographs back then, but now wish I had. There are a couple of other pictures of the Atkinson around and it looks like the third colour picture may be of the same AEC Marshall a few years later. Fortunately someone else somewhere took these pictures.The same applies to just about every major mechanical job I have done over the years as well. Really I wish I had more to show for a lifetime in transport.

Henley Marshall.jpg

VS01987.jpg

file (5).jpg