photographers

gogzy:
looking good johnny. soon youll get an slr if your really into it.

then youll see a huge difference in pictures, also youll do stupid things to get that “shot”

Excellent work pal. I’ll have to buy my self a decent camera, only use my iPhone at the minute and it’s not the greatest.

chester:

jonnytruckfest:
Those shots look the mutts nutts! I want to get an SLR camera but a bit expensive and money is something I am short of at the moment but, it is something I am saving to get!

When you do save up I can fully recommend a Nikon SLR entry model like the D40 or D3000, I bought a D40 brand new for £200 about 4 years ago and I still love it, I take it almost everywhere with me. and you can add more lenses and flashes when you get more into it.

my photos flickr.com/photos/mulders9/s … 9856/show/

The D40 is a great starter SLR, but if you know how to use it then you get some stunning shots, Mcploppy has one and he gets even better shots than me and i have a D90.

ive sat in the middle of the road to get some pics, with the line of trucks in one of the pics they were litterally passing me by half a foot lol.

ive got an iphone aswell, the camera isnt as bad as some ive had on a phone but its not amazing either

There was a truck photographer on A40 this afternoon at Eynsham (fat ladies E-Coli Van) got my pic taken! :grimacing:

Muckaway:
There was a truck photographer on A40 this afternoon at Eynsham (fat ladies E-Coli Van) got my pic taken! :grimacing:

might be worth a trip, how fat’s the fat lady?

mr bodd:

Muckaway:

It’s not worth a trip from Witney! Mind you, nor’s the one on the Westbound side or the one at Burford A361 (Mr Kebebabilads)

Muckaway:

mr bodd:

Muckaway:

It’s not worth a trip from Witney! Mind you, nor’s the one on the Westbound side or the one at Burford A361 (Mr Kebebabilads)

thanks for the info,shall give it a miss then.

jonnytruckfest:
Those shots look the mutts nutts! I want to get an SLR camera but a bit expensive and money is something I am short of at the moment but, it is something I am saving to get!

If you’re a bit short of the money I’d recommend getting grips of how different settings on your camera affect the pictures. That knowledge isn’t anything camera specific (well, mostly) and carries over to different cameras. That of course if you don’t already know (and actively use that knowledge!) how aperture, shutter speed and ISO-value for example affect to the exposure you get. Also, camera has little to do with your ability to take great pictures. Especially I’d like to point out that camera megapixels has nothing to do with a great picture (you can make great looking 45x30 cm prints from a 2.7 Mpix camera…).

Most of the gogzy’s pictures (which were great btw.) could’ve been taken with a small compact camera. Only the last picture of black Magnum likely wouldn’t have been possible. Some of the pictures would’ve looked more or less different because differences on basic design between compact and SLR, but they’d still be great shots. All what it would’ve have needed is a lightweight (and cheap) tripod for your compact to hold it still when it gets dark (and turn your flash off!).

gogzy: Is the lighting on Countrywide T-cab picture straight out of the camera? It looks very interesting if it’s “natural” and not result of heavy post-processing.

A few that have been taken of me dad out and about

Kyrbo the t cab pic is straight from the camera, no flash or editing and no tripod either. Just a steady aim and hope for the best, I do have other pics where I’ve messed bout with the settings that I’ll upload later

Kyrbo:

jonnytruckfest:

If you’re a bit short of the money I’d recommend getting grips of how different settings on your camera affect the pictures. That knowledge isn’t anything camera specific (well, mostly) and carries over to different cameras. That of course if you don’t already know (and actively use that knowledge!) how aperture, shutter speed and ISO-value for example affect to the exposure you get. Also, camera has little to do with your ability to take great pictures. Especially I’d like to point out that camera megapixels has nothing to do with a great picture (you can make great looking 45x30 cm prints from a 2.7 Mpix camera…).

Most of the gogzy’s pictures (which were great btw.) could’ve been taken with a small compact camera. Only the last picture of black Magnum likely wouldn’t have been possible. Some of the pictures would’ve looked more or less different because differences on basic design between compact and SLR, but they’d still be great shots. All what it would’ve have needed is a lightweight (and cheap) tripod for your compact to hold it still when it gets dark (and turn your flash off!).

Thats what I have been doing, learning the different settings and stuff for pictures of different sort, Trial and error, i learn by doing :grimacing: With what i Have i would of said my pictures are of high quality, not the highest but certainly not the worst :slight_smile:

I found that out about the flash on the morning when i tried getting a picture on the railway in the sun rise, turned the flash off and it turned out good :smiley: Cheers

Liking the bridge photos Gogzy.

some more messing about with settings.

My mate took this pic of me in Iraq couple years ago, with a Nikon D90 it was whilst me and my mate were learning photography skills. We set the camera on a 30sec exposure whilst during a thunderstorm, the lighting was due to all the oils wells burning behind. In hindsight it was not the best place for me to stand during a thunderstorm. :smiley:

that is an awesome chester

This is same sort of shot, but a bloody landrover came past with its lights on and cocked it up.

thats still awesome, looks like the lights some sort of rocket heading towards you

commonrail:
4 or 5 times during the last 2 years iv`e noticed blokes at the side of the road taking pictures as i drive past.does anyone have an explanation please :confused:

Did you really need a explanation to what someones doing when their holding a camera doooohhhhh :laughing:

They are taking pictures to show in years to come that we had a transport industry, before the great green machine and Cameron’s taxation put most of them out of business.

FM

I travel all over the country taking photos from Bridges and laybys as well as visiting depots. My main interest is in trucks that transport fish like D Steven, O’tooles… Last year i visited Kinlochbervie, Argyll, Scrabster, Peterhead, Aberdeen, Fraserburgh, Grimsby, Boulogne
Usual haunts are…
M1 at Toddington
A14 Hemmingford abbots
M6 Lymm, Cannock
A34 near M40
M40 Cherwell

I have over 45,000 photos that I have taken now.
I use a Canon EOS 450d With a Canon 70-300is Lens

I am currently in the process of making my own website but have uploaded a few photos to Flickr recently just so people can see some of my work. flickr.com/photos/58596909@N05/
Lee

i’ve got a olympus z4000 4 million megapixels and a canon 450D 12 megapixels heres a couple of photos. keep saving your money and when you get dslr just keep playing

redone.jpg