Truck photographers

So, how do you feel about people taking pics of you trucks?
I often take a wonder when parked up with my camera, but I’ve seen a driver give a lad some ■■■■ about taking photos of trucks, how do you view people snapping away?

no worries if theyre just the usual trainspotter anorak type,just so long as theyre not from the social or dole offices theres no reason to sweat it… :wink: .

Just remember that the ‘anorak’ behind the lens might be a latter-day Bubbleman, Peter Davies, Bob Tuck or Martin Phippard whose superb photos of your wagon may bring years of joy to a lot of old transport men in 40 year’s time :wink: . Robert

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Oh heck :smiley: I’ve never thought of myself as an “anorak”. I can see why I might be thought of as one,though. I have always had a decent camera,but struggled to find a regular use for it.6 years ago I took some truck pictures,people liked them.I took some more.The rest is history,as they say :smiley: I am on a hamster wheel now. :smiley: My job takes me to places where trucks are.Yes,I do go out of my way to get shots,sometimes.I think I am a photographer first and a truck,am struggling for a word here,watcher?afficionado?seeker?anorak?second. Whatever :smiley:

When I take my pictures,if the driver is in the cab,I always ask permission :smiley: Rude not to :smiley: Most are ok.Some duck or jump out :question: Some eastern Europeans wave their arms :smiley:

robert1952:
Just remember that the ‘anorak’ behind the lens might be a latter-day Bubbleman, Peter Davies, Bob Tuck or Martin Phippard whose superb photos of your wagon may bring years of joy to a lot of old transport men in 40 year’s time :wink: . Robert

or Rick Todd :smiley:

I don’t mind.

richellis78:
I often take a wonder when parked up with my camera, but I’ve seen a driver give a lad some [zb] about taking photos of trucks, how do you view people snapping away?

Mystified

ZORIN:

richellis78:
I often take a wonder when parked up with my camera, but I’ve seen a driver give a lad some [zb] about taking photos of trucks, how do you view people snapping away?

Mystified

If I see a motor worth photographing I allways ask the driver first, Ive never had a refusal up to now, Regards Larry.

ZORIN:

richellis78:

Mystified

Is that your usual state? :smiley: or are you mystified by the fact that people might want to take a picture of your truck?

I’ve been doing it for 25 years, every truck is worth a picture. Just think of the trucks and haulage companies that have gone, some may never have been court on film.
Low point is my complete collection of PRI ts and nets where lost in a flood. Bummer.

I started taking wagonsover 50 yrs ago (don’t get excited, I couldn’t afford to take many pictures) and try and get out every day now. Take hundreds these days with digital but sadly when I ran my own wagons I hardly took any and I’ve never seen any body else’s pictures of my wagons. I know I was photographed a few times but at the time I was terrified it was a silent check. Found this in a drawer recently, goes to show why we didn’t take as many in film days. The further back you go the dearer it was. The first camera I had took 620 film that was a nightmare to load and took 12 pictures. Thought I’d cracked it when I got a 35mm with 36 at a time.

truckfing:
I started taking wagonsover 50 yrs ago (don’t get excited, I couldn’t afford to take many pictures) and try and get out every day now. Take hundreds these days with digital but sadly when I ran my own wagons I hardly took any and I’ve never seen any body else’s pictures of my wagons. I know I was photographed a few times but at the time I was terrified it was a silent check. Found this in a drawer recently, goes to show why we didn’t take as many in film days. The further back you go the dearer it was. The first camera I had took 620 film that was a nightmare to load and took 12 pictures. Thought I’d cracked it when I got a 35mm with 36 at a time.

:smiley: :smiley: That’s brilliant.Those were the days? :smiley: :smiley:

Yep, having to think about people every shot, then the excitement or disappointment when you get your prints back!
Remember the stickers they used to put on shots you messed up?