Photo Licence Renewal or IQ of CPC holders

I work primariley agency work as I have another small business (but nil work at the mo)

I have to renew my photo card before 19/7/10

So I wish to do it asap before my licence is invalid

So I get booked into a Household name large supplier of electrical goods in Northampton for this Friday and I tell my agency (who have copies of my licence) about the renewal and that I have a copy of the renewal letter that says I can drive plus scan of my application plus scans of paper and both side of Photo cards

The Answer is: Agency: no problem
Company: No Licence we can’t let you drive!

The letter says this process can take up to 3 weeks!!!

Is it right that a CPC transport manager can take away my right to work because he is a complete T1T who cannot understand English

Is it a prerequisite of holder a CPC that you lose all commonsense

WTF am I supposed to do to alievate this problem■■?

Has anyone got any ideas?

Jim

tell dvla u have lost yr licence and get a new one also send in new pic to go on it then you have new pic and still got yr old licence to show the company

Probably won’t take 3 weeks if it’s just an updated photo. When did you send off your renewel application?

Just had mine to do.
DVLA say 3 Weeks to be on the safe side.

Got mine back in 5 days

For the TM - licencecheck.co.uk/ :bulb:

I would tell them its lost but be careful they do not charge you £20 for the photo renewal and £20 for the lost replacement :bulb:

This is going to be a regular occurrence over the next couple of years for many as the photocard was introduced in March 2000 so the 10 years life will be up about now

la Police le froggy would probaly wipe his French arse with any copies, so yes you are better to pretend that you lost it.

However don’t do that trick with your pasport, you would be suprised how quick it’s blocked and they seem to smell that you don’t have a valid pasport.

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Offer to pay for the call to the DVLA, if you give them your permission, they will give the information about your licence to the transport manager.
0300 790 6801 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              0300 790 6801      end_of_the_skype_highlighting

caledoniandream:
la Police le froggy would probaly wipe his French arse with any copies, so yes you are better to pretend that you lost it.

However don’t do that trick with your pasport, you would be suprised how quick it’s blocked and they seem to smell that you don’t have a valid pasport.

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Lukily having previously worked in the Lebannon/Israel/Egypt and the USA all at the same time I’m in possesion of two carefully stamped UK passports, with different numbers.

Still haven’t resolved issue, but tempted to take advoce on missing licence

Jim

jcfd55:
I have to renew my photo card before 19/7/10

So I wish to do it asap before my licence is invalid

Failing to renew the photo or change the address on a licence does not make the licence invalid.

A fine is possible for not doing either but no points.

You cannot get prosecuted for driving without a valid licence if the photo and/or address are out of date

Driving without a valid licence requires the authorities to show that you do not hold the correct entitlement for the catagory of vehicle you are driving