Licence renewal

Had me medical Tuesday am. Filled in the forms and sent them Tues. pm. Got the new licence yesterday ( Sat). For me,today, the civil service has earned its corn.

took them 3 weeks to do mine :frowning:

Took 9 months for mine.
The application arrived back with me on the day my licence ran out because somebody at DVLA had lost one of the forms. Phoned them and was told I couldn’t drive until the new licence arrived (which later turned out wrong).
Sent new application off and phoned weekly until new licence arrived 4 weeks later. Each time was told that I couldn’t drive until new licence arrived.
Started a claim for compensation which ended 8 months later with the court telling DVLA to pay up, at which point we settled on a figure which was somewhere between what I wanted and what they wanted to pay. They also had to pay my court costs.

they really are useless.
i’ve got some points running out next year. already i am worrying that it will come back minus some categories, apparently they do that a lot and it can be a right pain and sometimes impossible to get them put back on

mataos32:
that it will come back minus some categories, apparently they do that a lot and it can be a right pain and sometimes impossible to get them put back on

From what I’ve read on here and other sites is that if a category is missing you’ve got to redo your test(s) as the DVLA won’t recognize photocopies of documents, letters from employers etc.

mrpj:

mataos32:
that it will come back minus some categories, apparently they do that a lot and it can be a right pain and sometimes impossible to get them put back on

From what I’ve read on here and other sites is that if a category is missing you’ve got to redo your test(s) as the DVLA won’t recognize photocopies of documents, letters from employers etc.

I didnt realise this was happening so much - I still have my pass sheet with minors and stuff on it,would this be accepted as genuine evidence ■■? Dont really want the PCV wiping from my license,it`s always a good backup !! :smiley: