Slow DVLA

Well, they still have my licence :frowning:

They keep repeating that it ‘could take’ 3 weeks for them to receive my paperwork. They delayed 2 weeks after receiving my DSA pass but haven’t applied the cat C to my licence until my photocard update has been received, which means that even if employers ring up, I’ve still only got a C1.

So. It’s been 2 weeks since I’ve sent it in.

I’ve had a package (batteries) turn up from China within a week :frowning:

Rang the DVLA today and they parroted out that it ‘could take up to 3 weeks’ for them to receive it.

Just wondering if it’s worth popping into the local DVLA office over in Brum to pop a new application in on the basis they have lost that one…

…or just stay unemployed and on the dole for another week… :unamused: :unamused: :cry:

They had my licence for a week before they even contacted me and from the DSA it took a week to get to them :frowning: Still. I will have had my licence a month at this rate by the end of the week without even having driven one :frowning:

[zb]

Hi mate i sent mine in on the 9th april and only got it back on the 2nd of may so they are on a go slow at the moment thanks Dave

Don’t want to worry you, but I put my renewal in on March 17th, and I’ve only just had a letter telling me I need another 3 blood pressure checks from my doctor! I’ve already had the checks from my quack, and they’re fine - god knows how long it’ll take DVLA to sort it now :imp:

Same here my licence with them at mo changing mug shot cant book my c+e until back by that time think im gonna lose me bottle !!! :imp:

jen x

I have to wait 3 weeks from when I posted it before I can take it further, such as sending in a replacement photocard application form, and even then it was ‘reccomended’ I wait a further week!

When they finally process it, it will take 10 days to get to me. Nothing will change anything or make it any faster. I can’t work until I get my licence back :frowning:

Spoke to a company today who had work on immediate start in the area, but will only let me start when they see my drivers licence.

So. Still on holiday on the dole :frowning:

i exactly how you feel, when i passed my class 2, i declined to have the examiner take my license and have dvla issue me with a updated license , reason been i had not finished my cpc course, so when i finally did complete it, i asked if he could do it at the stage of cpc, he said yes, he said he notiefied dvla and destroyed my licence, so i waited the usual 3 weeks, nothing, waited another week, nothing, so i rang up dvla again they had no trace of my resualts or dvla reciving them, so had to send off the right docs off and wait another 3 weeks.

It must be such hard work having to sit on your back side all day doing nothing Saratoga !!

Thanks Dean :wink:

It is actually. I’m on £250 a month on the dole and I’ve got car insurance and car tax to pay next month :frowning: I want to be out there working not faffing around on the computer, and just wasting my time.

Although I am taking the time at the moment to get some night photography done, getting out on the bike for exercise and sorting through the teraquads of data I have on the server :wink: Well. Terabytes at least :smiley:

I would much prefer to be out there on the road. There was a job I went for today that was driving wagons around without a box, ie between dealer and coachwork’s etc but because I didn’t have my licence I had to pass up. There was another one for moving buses around in a non-passenger related job but that too they wanted to see my mythical drivers licence.

About the only thing I can do is drive private HGVs as the owners are content to see my DSA certificates. The DVLA has confirmed though that I still have a ‘non restricted’ cat D, so I could drive manual coaches until then :wink:

Can you not show them a print out of your Online DVLA Record?

Just a thought?

It has a copy of your picture as well as your categories and any endorsements.

All you need is a Government Gateway login.

My drivers licence is ‘on hold’ until they receive my updated photocard application. In its ‘on hold’ status it does NOT show my new entitlements even though they know about them!

Alas

The trick with DVLA i find is too send everything special delivery i know its expensive but they cant say they havent received it as you have the signiture of the person who received it :grimacing:

daverandall:
The trick with DVLA i find is too send everything special delivery i know its expensive but they cant say they havent received it as you have the signiture of the person who received it :grimacing:

failing that get your local mp on the case i did and they have decide to investigate my application further instead of telling me to f**k off for the third time

Well, actually caught someone who knew the system today and was supremely helpful compared to everyone else I’ve spoken to there. He looked through my history of calls, backtracked the dates and generated a case number and referred me to one of their investigations department.

I’ve sent a covering letter down by special delivery, with a fresh application with reference of my situation. It should get down there tomorrow before 1pm. I’ll also take a copy of the letter with me to the dole for them to read etc.

Hopefully it will get things moving somewhat :wink:

Ended up having to send in another photocard application form, to a manager in one of their ‘investigations’ departments by special delivery. It arrived the following day, they dealt with it, and sent it for overnight printing and I got it 2nd class 2 days later.

I’ve now got it and will be going around some of the agencies tomorrow to get some work as well as looking at a few other positions that have ‘become available’ and I’ve been told about…

Hmm.

I’ve now had the original photocard application form sent back.

I sent it on the 21st April, they received it on the 26th April and it was also stamped on the 5th and 9th of May and was rejected because I put my ‘country of birth’ as England. This they have circled.

Rang them up. The only notes they have on the system was that it was rejected for not having a photo attached. The form I have had back still has the photo attached.

Odd. Or else they are incompetent muppets :frowning:

Saratoga:
Hmm.

. Or else they are incompetent muppets :frowning:

they go lower than muppet status they are a insult to stupid people

But at least you can now go and hit the jobcentre / agencies / local firms and get going now.

DVLA / DSA have their faults when it comes to administration but on the whole they do get it right. Think how many forms they receive every day and how many they get right !!

Good luck Saratoga

Dean

Tbh i’ve never had any probs with DVLA (one of the lucky ones!), when my license got sent in by the examiner to put cat C on, i was about to move up to Scot and only got the address after the license was away.

Called DVLA up and was told if you send a fax over with your new address we’ll update everything,and true to their word it was sent up just after i moved in, just took a fortnight.

Mind you i’ve just sent away for my digicard so theres always time for my stance to change on them :wink:

Saratoga:
Hmm.

I’ve now had the original photocard application form sent back.

I sent it on the 21st April, they received it on the 26th April and it was also stamped on the 5th and 9th of May and was rejected because I put my ‘country of birth’ as England. This they have circled.

Rang them up. The only notes they have on the system was that it was rejected for not having a photo attached. The form I have had back still has the photo attached.

Odd. Or else they are incompetent muppets :frowning:

I think you have touched a raw nerve with those Welsh Nationalists :stuck_out_tongue: Have you considered changing your house name to Bosworth Fields :laughing: