Personal/private reg number

any one ever put one on there truck? just wondering whats involved as i,ve just had a moment of madness and bought one, not looking for speculation as i can do that myself :laughing: looking for info from someone whos done it

You will find all the answers needed here I followed there instructions and went to my nearest office and did in person,a lot quicker this way dvlaregistrations.co.uk/home … when_ready

yeah, i got one of them on one of my trucks, it really is simple (depending upon where you purchased the number from)

it is just the same as doing it for a car, apart from you have to get a new plating certificate made up, wrong reg no. on that and it an instant failure on MoT :open_mouth:

i got mine from DVLA and all the fees were paid to them directly, they sent out a new reg doc. with the new number on, all i then had to do was change the certificate, the tax disc (DVLA do that for you at the same time as they change the number), then get in touch with VOSA for an MoT certificate with the correct number, and last but not least, don’t forget the insurance company will need to know

thanks fellas its from the dvla site, heres the scenario, bought it online yesterday, trucks booked in for mot on 23rd march and needs taxing on 1st april, which way round to do things? or should i just leave the reg till i,ve been for test or what?

:smiley:

Take it for test first as its been booked in for MOT under its current registration number. it would be best to do it when you tax it. get some plates made up ready to put on.
Ive done the same as you but cant decide whether to put it on my car or wagon.

wonder how much it will cost for a new mot certificate with new reg on

chav. send your docs in log book and no plate no., then when it comes through put new no on with new tax disc, wait till your due for mot when you go for mot give them the plate cert and they will change it along with the mot,if you can wait approx 3 weeks before your mot is due :wink: :wink:

chaversdad:
any one ever put one on there truck? just wondering whats involved as i,ve just had a moment of madness and bought one, not looking for speculation as i can do that myself :laughing: looking for info from someone whos done it

I thought we were in a recession ■■?

You`ll be wasting £2k on a mural for the rear of your cab next :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

we are , but 4 spotlights and a reg number is all the titavation i need :smiley:

I Have personal Reg numbers on all my trucks. Just had one of my trucks fail the annual test because the Sticker for the Tacho calibration had the original truck reg on it. I wouldnt mind but this was the third time the truck had been for test since I changed the Reg :frowning: . I had never even considered this before.

chaversdad:
we are , but 4 spotlights and a reg number is all the titavation i need :smiley:

Only 4 ■■?

You will be out of place on the M6 @ night, I`ve just finnished a night trunk job, going to carlisle sunday to wednesday, just about every other truck looked like the battleship gallatica :grimacing:

Bloody impressive when a “flash” happened, they lit up space :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It titivated me :smiley: :sunglasses: :wink:

Stanley Mitchell:

chaversdad:

Only 4 ■■?

You will be out of place on the M6 @ night, I`ve just finnished a night trunk job, going to carlisle sunday to wednesday, just about every other truck looked like the battleship gallatica :grimacing:

Bloody impressive when a “flash” happened, they lit up space :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[pedant mode on] it’s BATTLESTAR Galactica [/pedant mode off]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

Stanley Mitchell:

chaversdad:

Only 4 ■■?

[pedant mode on] it’s BATTLESTAR Galactica [/pedant mode off]

Is it, just shows how much I know about SPACE :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And dont forget that if you have a digital tacho you have to get the details on that changed as well or you will have print outs with the old reg on…and you know what VOSA will think about that :slight_smile:

cant afford one with a digi tach in, i,m still on the old fasioned analogue

mr.vain has got private reg on his contact him
:smiley:

unitruc have the reg CAM 10N :smiley: :smiley: