Private Plates

Hi guys I’m thinking of getting private plates for my training trucks, is this quite straight forward for trucks bearing in mind of the inspectorate plate I presume this will need changing and if so how do you do it?

Thanks in advance.

Paul :smiley:

elmet training:
Hi guys I’m thinking of getting private plates for my training trucks, is this quite straight forward for trucks bearing in mind of the inspectorate plate I presume this will need changing and if so how do you do it?

Thanks in advance.

your charging too much :smiley:

You will also need the the tachograph recalibrated, notify your insurance (or change the details on the MID) and buy a new set of plates of course.

gov.uk/personalised-vehicle … s/overview
:unamused: as said your making too much
on the other hand
is this a tax fiddle :wink:

And this would be the ideal numberplate for you…

regtransfers.co.uk/main/sec … d=67746905

I dunno, but Lomas’ have got lots of them!

Steve

Ste46:
I dunno, but Lomas’ have got lots of them!

Steve

I thought they were different ste as in registered in the LD area ( where ever that is)rather than private afterwards .

elmet training:

Thanks in advance.

exactly the same process as putting them on a car but then you also need a VTG10 form, fill this in with the old and new reg numbers , include a copy of the plating certificate and your current MOT, send these with a cheque for £28 and you will get new plates and your old MOT back altered by hand to show the new reg, if its a digi tacho it needs recalibrating to show the new reg, it may slip your mind if a 2yr inspection is nearly due :wink:

chaversdad:

elmet training:

Thanks in advance.

exactly the same process as putting them on a car but then you also need a VTG10 form, fill this in with the old and new reg numbers , include a copy of the plating certificate and your current MOT, send these with a cheque for £28 and you will get new plates and your old MOT back altered by hand to show the new reg, if its a digi tacho it needs recalibrating to show the new reg, it may slip your mind if a 2yr inspection is nearly due :wink:

Thank you very much.

we had all this out before Christmas

see the following post - no idea how to link it !!!

private reg plate on a truck

Postby chaversdad » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:07 pm

Thanks found the post

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=119274&p=1844241#p1844241

that’s the one - well done

will be doing it myself again soon once I get my truck out the shed & re-tested