Putting private reg on a truck, is it the same as a car?

is the procedure the same as for a car or is there summat else to do,
come to think of it i dont know how to do it on a car…so can someone run me through it please :blush: :blush: its just a bog standard one from the dvla site nowt flash or anything

the procedure is the same for car or truck.
Buy private plate.
contact your local DVLA office/centre and they will either send the relevant forms or you can go to them with the relevant paperwork - they will tell you what you need to bring - and do it at their office. you have to tell them exactly when the change will take place and change the plates at that time or you could find that you are pulled on false plates.
It’s been a long time since I did it so best to check with DVLA or vivis their website which may give you the current info.

Same as a car, but you’ll need to get the plating certs changed as well before MOT time, and bear in mind the tacho calibration stickers will have a different reg as well, but its never been a problem with mine.
Only thing with my transfer was that although my MOT cert was replaced, the Swansea computer wasn’t updated for some reason, and I got pulled for a check over, but sent on my way when they realised it was Swansea at fault.

cheers fellas, road tax and mot is due in march so think i will keep it till then and do it all at the same time :smiley:

chaversdad:
cheers fellas, road tax and mot is due in march so think i will keep it till then and do it all at the same time :smiley:

If your buying through a decent agency, they normally do it all for you, send the log book and MOT cert to them and they return new the versions as well as a new tax disc. All you have to do then is replace the plating certs. :sunglasses:

it was just off the dvla website joe, 250 quid all in

chaversdad:
it was just off the dvla website joe, 250 quid all in

Search the reg you want here
newreg.co.uk
Add VAT and they are usually the same price or cheaper than the DVLA, and they do all the legwork in the bargain :sunglasses:

Coach companys do it all the time to disguise the age of their shiney new (clapped out M reg) vehicle

Don’t forget, if you have a digi tacho it will need recalibrating with the new registration number…£ ■■?

250 quid allocation fee? blimey, used to be £105.

Glad i prepaid it on a mark i took off over 10 years ago. (but it will have cost £250+ in retention since then :frowning: )

CSV 603 WJV 617 JMB 56T

250 is for everything,all you need to pay for other than that is the cost of making the plates up, no worry on digi tachos either, i was going to get rid this year but digi tacho, adblue, i cant be bothered with all that so i,ll keep the old girl a bit longer :smiley: :smiley: