Paul Matthew

Hi all! Been told to give these a call but was just wondering if anyone worked for them or has done in the past and had any info as regards the usual stuff! What kind of work?Wages ? etc… Any help would be greatly appreciated! Many Thanks

Tramping, DAF XF’s, Touring with concerts, Flightcases, Never see your family.

Been there, done it!

Would recommend if your happy in life (No kids/wife!)

rung up but did’nt apply from memory there week starts on a wednesday your here there n everywhere working every weekend doing mainly theatre work lots of tight access there was a lad on here that was on for them i think he did a couple of diaries if you have a search round should give you an insight into whats what

not for everybody as is wasn’t for me not sure about money i never got that far hope this helps :wink:

Lee G’s yer man. You’ll find a few pics on the Photo Forum, under Tour Truck Photos. Page 11 or 12
onwards.

mozzer44:
‘…any info as regards the usual stuff … What kind of work…?’

Having seen two of their combinations wedged obediently outside my local theatre around the 26-28th December, it occurred to me that the saying ‘The show must go on’ applies to all aspects of being in the theatre business.

Frankly, it appeared to be a lark requiring dedication and that the drivers were shacked up all cosy with the leading lovely or young ‘Bob’ - the girl in a leotard & shapely paps that dresses as a boy on stage at such times of year.

(Without being overly pedantic - I believe that their unusual spelling of ‘Mathew’ has only one ‘T’).

Not worked for them myself but being a local company I know a few who have.

As stated in an earlier reply it’s midweek starts and you work right through every weekend. I think they also like to make the most of the reduced weekly rest periods.

It’s mostly theatre work and they have trailer storage dotted around the country.

Money was pretty good for my neck of the woods and they have some long termers on there so can’t be all bad.

Cheers
Neilf

as already said, Lee G is your man to ask, he worked there for a while