Paul Mathew transport w/sussex

Hi all, I’ve been contemplating getting in touch with them for some class 1 work, I’ve had my bendy licence for a little over a year, and currently drive a drawbar unit.

Initial reservations are for me going over to conventional attics and how easy is the transition?
I did pass (first time of asking) in an artic, so I’ve got a whole 4 and a bit days experience at them!

Secondly, the work they do is theatre work, U.K. and European. Is there anybody on here who does similar and is it a good gig to get into. I’d be happy doing the occasional run over the water, I did a bit of Western Europe with ,y last mob, but only in rigids, and it was almost 8-9 years ago.

They had an advert on one of the job websites late last year and salary was very good, but as I had little experience in class 1 I decided to wait a bit. I haven’t seen online ads from them this year, so I wonder maybe if the jobs they were looking at filling were seasonal ie Xmas panto season etc?

Any helpful advice/thoughts greatly received.

paulmathewtransport.com/careers.html

I’m not sure they do very much over the water stuff but it was mostly weekend work Thursday till Tuesday ish hope it helps

I’ve worked for Paul Mathew for 8 years mate. If you don’t want international work you are not forced to do it!. We work every weekend, (that’s when all the shows move), and we do a lot of night work. You normally do 6 days one week and 5 the next.(Depending on the work). Lots of London work if you do UK work. We don’t normally do any ■■■■■■■ and carrying, we just tie the load in. Normally a week away at a time but if you are abroad it could be 3 or 4 weeks. The money is ok but we do lots of hours. Your choice…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stu Eastwood:
I’ve worked for Paul Mathew for 8 years mate. If you don’t want international work you are not forced to do it!. We work every weekend, (that’s when all the shows move), and we do a lot of night work. You normally do 6 days one week and 5 the next.(Depending on the work). Lots of London work if you do UK work. We don’t normally do any ■■■■■■■ and carrying, we just tie the load in. Normally a week away at a time but if you are abroad it could be 3 or 4 weeks. The money is ok but we do lots of hours. Your choice…
To what coutry they go abroad?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We go anywhere, mostly Western Europe, occasionally Eastern Europe and on occasions down to Greece, Turkey and Morocco. I personally won’t go down there but some of the lads will. It goes in fits and starts, we won’t have any for ages then we get loads of it all at the same time. But you do get an option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi stu, thanks for replying I have sent you a pm

Hi Stu, do you know if they take on newly qualified drivers?