Stage???????

Hi, i wonder if anyone here can help. I remember reading posts a while back about a U.K. company called Stageline or similar. They done the haulage for music concerts around Britain and Europe. I’ve done a search on Stageline , and similar, and got no results. Does anyone know the real name of this company?
I’m thinking this may be an ideal time for a job change!

Thanks in advance.

Pile.

Think it’s Stagetruck your thinking of. a quick search on google gives their website as http://www.stagetruck.com

leehellcat has got it. There is also this compamny, Stardes which do the same kinda thing http://www.stardes.co.uk/

do those guys still have to do all the rigging like they used to, or do they just drive now?

Thanks Guys for the prompt reply. Just about to start work, will read the posts later.

Cheers.

Pile

you could also look at edwin shirley and redburn transfer or kb events they all do that sort of work, also transam in norfolk

or pm euromat or kindle 530. they both work for stagetruck.

r slicker:

Thought they worked for Transam Trucking?

Drivers just drive, but very often you can extra money from the production to perhaps run a followspot or help selling the swag. Local crews do the unloading and loading, you just say where you want it. Mats and Kindle are on here often and they drive for Transam in Norfolk.

Andy

paul matthews does that type of work as well but they only pay a fixed rate of £95 per day and it’s mainly working weekends

leehellcat:
Think it’s Stagetruck your thinking of. a quick search on google gives their website as http://www.stagetruck.com

Caveman is the fella to ask, he was on for them IIRC :wink:

killsville:

r slicker:

Thought they worked for Transam Trucking?

i do!!!

paul matthew from what i know mainly does theatre, which is mostly uk based, although i have seen them over the water

stagetruck do general haulage, from what im told (which could well be driver rumour/rubbish) they do more of that than music work

luckens are still going, no idea what they are like

now it is the quiet period really for most of the companies, so getting a start may be more difficult as they will look after their regular drivers first

hope this is some help

stagetruck are doin a hell of a lot of music matt just lately must be cheaper than trans am and got better kit :laughing:

maverick72:
stagetruck are doin a hell of a lot of music matt just lately must be cheaper than trans am and got better kit :laughing:

but whats the money like :open_mouth:

maverick72:
and got better kit :laughing:

dunno if i would go that far!!

maverick72:

I only ever seem to see their Volvo F10’s, must admit I always liked them though :smiley:

there is also fly by night in the birmingham area . they seem to share a yard with sse just down from the blues ground

bunkslug:
there is also fly by night in the birmingham area . they seem to share a yard with sse just down from the blues ground

think theyve moved to redditch now doing a lot of general haulage

maverick72:

bunkslug:

think theyve moved to redditch now doing a lot of general haulage

are they? i thought they were really busy with the music? i know they do a lot of conference work too, and can pretty much keep you wheeling all year round if you want

they have moved to redditch though