Pat Duffy,Southampton

What is Pat up to these days,gave me a good price for my wrecked Scanis 142,after crashing it in Tours,marble moved or something happened to steering.He was working with Compton Commercials,didnt they used to do Greece with Panasonic on box vans,all Scanias.See pats place off the M27.

Come on Toby keep up,who do you think Ainacs on this forum ? as a bit of a clue for you look at his avatar.its a Scania with Pat Duffey written on the head board,bit of a give away really!

Hi Toby yes it is me (Backward Scania)

I have worked alongside Mark Compton and his dad Cecil and quite a few others! But individually as subbies we did hundreds of loads of Sony TVs for Ron Griffiths at Southern Transport they went all over Europe but mainly Rho(Milan) Barcelona, Swiss and Portugal.

I am still in the same yard but just run a couple of lowloaders and a 6X2 Hiab rigid (All Scanias of course) All the LHD Scanias are now in the Middle East courtesy of the Middle East legend that is Barry Barnes!

The Scania spare parts job folded really as no one wants to run old trucks anymore (accept me :smiley: ) Sold a lot for export but prices went silly so stopped buying and I also now rent most of the yard out!

By the way Toby any pictures of the Scania you sold me? Memory fading now and I did break up over 600 of them!!

This is now pride of the fleet a 21 year old Special Types Scania 143 6X4 that still can pull 85 ton gross!!! With the infamous Terry Moody the driver alongside

Regards Pat