Passed class 2 june 2008

Hi there new to the forum so go easy, passed my class 2 in 2008 since then been working for myself in the building trade but now i just got to get a regular job with a regular wage.I understand about having to have two years experience but with having my lisence for nearly 3 years now would this give me a better chance and does anybody know of any haulage firms that take on people like myself.I am used to hard graft long hours ect but with working outside for the last 16 years really think trucking is a great choice of career for me i live in sunny blackpool so looking around lancashire for work if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated

Having held the licence for 3 years will give you a bit of an edge if you play it right! The key is to prepare good answers for the questions you might expect at interview.

If you register with agency they may want at least 6mth proven experience as this is what most are asking for

Thanks for replying guys and thanks for the advice one of my best mates owns an agency in morcambe but rarely gets class 2 work i know i need to get my class 1 but at the moment funds are tight with a wife and three kids and lack of work