class 2 work

Hello, and i hope this post appears in the correct forum!! I passed my class 2 test at the 1st time of asking on the 18th of April this year, Including passing the Modular 4 CPC test at the same time as I trained. I have always had a massive interest in trucks, from my Grandad, Dad and uncle all been drivers. However it took me until the age of 25 to take the plunge and pass my test because I had always worked, and earned decent money. However I now find myself in the position of searching for class 2 work, and although I new this would never be easy for a new driver and there is no magic wand anyone can wave, I just wondered if maybe anyone out there could help, not just with potential employees, but also with helpful hints, tips and advice on what I could and should be doing to potentially help me find work?? I am still as enthusiastic about the industry as I was when I was younger, and am prepared to give most things a go to get started. By the way live in Leeds (Yorkshire) if this makes any difference thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help.

Hi Joer,

You will find lots of conversation/topics relating to getting started and the apparent lack of work on this forum. Try not to be disheartened, search for, and have a read of, posts from Sam Millar and Madguy who have written about their exploits in getting work.

My assumption is you have registered with a few agencies? if not then do so. Look through your yellow pages, find where the truck companies/businesses using lorries and do a bit of leg work! i.e. go to them, dressed smart casual (work trousers, shirt, clean boots etc) and…be a pain! visit once, leave details of yourself and how much they will benefit by employing you and go back often (this tactic IS better decribed by those mentioned above :slight_smile:)

I wish you the very best of luck

Tazbug