passed class 1 !!

Hi all, have found this a great site to pick up all sorts of info to do with driving!
Passed my class 1 at Simonswood a couple of weeks ago (15th November ) training with TruckTraining Bolton.Bob was my instructor, easy going and brilliant at his job! wouldnt have been able to crack the reversing without him.
Have actually got a months work through an agency at James Irlam, Really looking foreward to it. Does anybody have any info about them…what theyre like to work for etc? Any comment appreciated, Thanks.

Congratulations, can’t help you with the question but I’m sure someone will be along soon who can.

cant tell you much but i know they are always in Tesco middlewich spoke to some drivers from there al seemed to like it and they are all daf xf i think :slight_smile:

CONGRATULATIONS on passing your class 1

and all the best for the furture.

well done on passing your class1, Bob is a character with some good stories to tell :laughing:

Well Done on the Class 1!!! I am also doing my Class 1 at TT Bolton, Big Bob usually, but went out with Phil today, reckons I need 1 more lesson as I’m 90% there lol Anyways, all the best with the job!!

Cheers

Steve

have you got a job lined up now you have your class 1■■

Congratulations :smiley:

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all your replies, Great being able to come on here and have any questions answered.

Have done some work for irlams through a local agency that seems to have passed me on to one of their branches in Stoke, not sure if I can name them but have been given good notice of any work. Have worked one night but found it hard with never working nights before and being my first work after passing my test, just exlpained this to agency now onto days.

The next day I worked I went unit only to Tesco Middlewich, picked up a trailer with rear stear (had heard of it but didn’t know what it was,)and had 2 drops in Blackpool both risk assessment Category C (high) I needed guidance from the class 1 driver I had with me but managed it. Was buzzing but knackered that night but
felt I had learned so much BUT think that store deliveries should be left to the more experienced drivers!! I think I would be better doing RDC’c. I’m sure it would knock my confidence if I where to come unstuck. The vehicles I have driven for Irlams are absolutely fabulous, The other drivers are really helpful and I hope to do more driving for them.

So not anywhere permanent yet but learning all the time and enjoying it!

well done mate, all the best for the future.