Good afternoon all,

Long time reader, first time poster, just saying hello. I’ve found the information on here invaluable, from hints and tips to choosing the right trainer.

Anyway, I’ve already passed my theory (93/100), my HP (87/100) and my CPC Module 2 (45/50). I have my Class 2 practical test booked for tomorrow. I’ve done my training with Paul at Hindley Green and he’s been really good. After an initial assessment drive, he decided 10 hours would be sufficient for me to pass my test - I’ve been driving large vans etc for years so understand lengths, widths and general spacial awareness. I know driving vans and trucks are completely different so i’m not trying to compare. I nailed the reversing first time pretty much as Paul explained it really well.

It appears i’ve got to wait for some time to get in for my Mod 4, something like 10 weeks which is a pain in the arse. Although I’m not in a huge rush as I own my own carpet cleaning business, i still want to get it passed sharpish.

I intend to look for part time work for now to build up some experience and this would fit in with my current business, it will hopefully give me an opportunity to save up some pennies to crack on with my class 1. Has anybody had any experience of Taskmaster out of Wigan? Are they good to work for? Do they offer part time work? And finally, does anybody know if they would pay to a ltd company instead of an individual? (i.e my ltd company)

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any replies.
Damien

Passed Class 2 this morning around Atherton with 6 minors. Happy days!!

Well done pal! :smiley:

As for work, ring up a few agencies. You don’t have to be exclusive to one.

Best of luck!

Thanks Evil8Beezle :smiley:

Hi, welcome, well done, good luck,

All in that order :wink:

my carpets need doing as well lol! But I’m in Essex :blush:

Ten weeks in a long time to wait for mod 4 but it’ll fly by

Keep us posted

Regards DB

Thanks Dan :smiley:

I’ll bring my gear down next time I’m that way… I’ll do you a TruckNet discount :laughing:

I considered hiring a truck and booking the test myself but to be honest I dont know if that’s even allowed?! Anyway i’ll speak to the trainer and see if i can get in earlier.

Wish me luck!

Well done and welcome aboard the skylark :slight_smile: