My 1st job.....yay

Hi all, I had my 1st class one job today…you can’t imagine how much i was bricking it!!!
I took a 07 plate fully automatic Volvo from Heywood to Alcester ( Alcester depot is effin busy ) had a few attempts at reversing (plenty of shunts though…Without hitting anything :smiley: and i feel did a pretty ok job for my 1st time out.
Returned to Heywood, (still gettin to grips with this reversing mullarky!) picked up more goods and off to Aldi in Middleton.
This was ace for reversing, tons of space and not another truck to be seen in10 bays!
returned to depot.
Next job sunday, to Morrisons wakefield…to be continued
Steve

well done steab
i’m new to artics myself and have only been driving them for three weeks, sounds like you are doing ok already but it does get easier
congrats on the job mate

mat

Don`t want to cause alarm but when you eventually get to pull in opposite the unloading bays at Morrisons the yard marshalling guy wants the trucks as close together as possible…no pressure there then!!!

Well done mate, start as you mean to go on :smiley: good luck in the future.

Nige

Congrats on the 1st job! I just passed my class C, driving a rigid on lessons didnt bother me at all but its funny how the thought of doing it “for real” puts the sh!ts up you!

well done there,everyone gets nervous on there first day-out on there own only natural,when your out the trick is take it steady and dont get flusterd,also own the road pinch what space you need to manouver safely mind!,if your lucky enuogh to know in advance where your going then plan your route,if not then keep your wits about you,and contary to popular belief sat-nav hasnt made road maps obselete you should always use maps as your primary guide,the new AA truckers map £20 on the high st or cheaper on amazon,GOOD LUCK! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

well done steab

Hi all, thanks for the replies.
It’s good to know that us newbies have some experienced hands to give us a guide in the right direction.
Take care all
Steve